I bought my first guitar with a Tune-o-Matic bridge on it. However, on the Low E string, I seem to get some fret buzz. When I strum the string open I don't get any, but only when I fret it. I don't really know how to adjust a TOM bridge, and I really don't want to touch the truss rod.

Does this sound like low action or a nut issue? This arrived in the mail tis way.

*Quite honestly, the notes don't seem consistent in pitch on some strings. I have a big hunch its a nut issue, and if so I'll take it to a guitar tech. Can anyone diagnose the issue and give me a price on how much it is to fix it? If its an action issue are there any websites/videos on how to adjust it?

Thanks.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
from my experience with ToM bridges, i would say your action is WAAY too low, try making the action slightly higher, by turning the string through bridge (the one above the pickups, not where you insert the strings) counter-Clockwise (Left for the lay man) in half turns on both sides. then re-tune to whichever tuning you are setting it to, and see if that fixes the problem, if not i would advise giving us a little more info such as; what string gauge are you using, and what tuning are you setting it to, as it may just need to be set-up by a guitar tech. best of luck
Current Playing Gear:
Johnson DeQ 2 Distortion Pedal
Peavey ValveKing 1x12 50W Tube Combo
Cool Cat Chorus Pedal
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ernie Ball Wah Pedal
Last edited by codymrc at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by codymrc
from my experience with ToM bridges, i would say your action is WAAY too low, try making the action slightly higher, by turning the string through bridge (the one above the pickups, not where you insert the strings) counter-Clockwise (Left for the lay man) in half turns on both sides. then re-tune to whichever tuning you are setting it to, and see if that fixes the problem, if not i would advise giving us a little more info such as; what string gauge are you using, and what tuning are you setting it to, as it may just need to be set-up by a guitar tech. best of luck

Currently its .10-.46s in E flat tuning.

Thanks for your reply.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
Download the manufacturer’s manual for the guitar. Read the section on setting it up, and then set it up according to the tolerances listed in the manual.