Right, after deliberation, I'm thinking that when I replace the stock pickups on my 7-string (a Schecter Omen-7 that I'm getting for Christmas), I want to choose between:

Dimarzio Crunch Lab 7/LiquiFire 7

OR

Dimarzio X2N 7/Air Norton 7

Mainly playing metalcore and heavier metal. I'll have a Peavey Vypyr 30 to play through, so I'm told the pickups won't make much difference through a modelling amp, but there's always the future possibilities of amp-buying where this will make a difference.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by staceap at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by Fear The Abyss
What is with everyone and the "Crunch Lab/LiquiFire" Combo?

It's just something I had recommended because it's John Petrucci's set or something
Quote by Fear The Abyss
What is with everyone and the "Crunch Lab/LiquiFire" Combo?

Because John Petrucci is jesus.

(I'm not a fanboy, I swear)

Don't most metal core players use the super distortion or invader a lot?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
Don't most metal core players use the super distortion or invader a lot?

Dunno, I've been asking generally for decent metal pickups, which I didn't think about as not being specific enough, so I'm not sure if people have been assuming I play shitloads of trash and that kinda thing? I can imagine there wouldn't be that much difference between metalcore and metal, but still, pays to be a little more specific!
I'd suggest the Crunchlab and Liquifire combo. The lows and mids in the crunchlab are a bit more open than the X2N, and I personally prefer the Liquifire over the Air Norton
GEAR:
Jackson JS30KE
ESP EC 401FM
Ibanez RG 321MH
Peavey 6505+ 112

Brice HXB 405GL2TS
ESP B154DX
Ampeg BA-108

TC Electronics Polytune
Vox Classic Wah