i am looking for something high gain, a little more of the low mid concentrated tone, maybe German voiced? (not confident what exactly German voiced is).

i dont want to spend over $1500.

has to be used.

have no problem buying untested as long as it is a good deal, worst scenario i sell it and (usually) make a few $$$ off of it.

doesn't have to be a head, i am kind of thinking about a rack setup, but can't be a combo.

used for metal, from a little bit of doom/stoner however more so melodic death (Children of Bodom, etc).

i don't care if it has good cleans decent cleans or no cleans at all, i do not care.

i also really don't want this amp to be stepping on my other amps. i am looking for tones i dont have at the moment.

i am in tampa FL could go to orlando, FL Ocala, FL or Sarasota, FL. it was for something great at the right price.

Splawn Promod
Splawn Nitro
Lee Jackson (ampeg)
Orange Dual Terror

i like the VHT deliverance some bit but i haven't played one and haven't found any really well recorded videos of it on youtube or any of the tone websites ( although i haven't looked at this amp for a few months.

a dual rec could be nice too. only two channel, i am sure i will end up with one eventually.

what do you all think about the Engl E350? it is definitely catching my ear. but would one of the regular Engl's in head form be better.

Soldano Avanger? would like to try one.

ideas welcome.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What you really need is a new amp.

May i suggest a used Vypyr?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
What you really need is a new amp.

May i suggest a used Vypyr?

Perhaps you might like a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade? It's a pretty good metal amp for the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rgMiZu-9Es

Also, the Soldano Avenger is a nice choice if you want that SLO-100 style voicing without actually getting a SLO-100. Soldanos are amazing amps that can cut through anything.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by Xeron Brigs

Perhaps you might like a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade? It's a pretty good metal amp for the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rgMiZu-9Es

Also, the Soldano Avenger is a nice choice if you want that SLO-100 style voicing without actually getting a SLO-100. Soldanos are amazing amps that can cut through anything.

i don't totally understand the switchblade. 2x 12AX7's? one for PI the other for? there has to be some solid state in there, and don't care for effects in amps, and i really don't want something that involved with the midi. it doesn't sound bad by any means, but i would prefer to hear it on something without so much processing, while still having a decent demo that is not using a damn camera. i will keep it in mind.

i like the avenger, just not sure if i like something better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Just pulling this off the top of my head. Maybe a VHT Sig:X?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Didn't MC pick up his Herbert for around that? That's your answer if you can find one at the right price.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i am really feeling the VHT/Fryette thing.

IIRC wasn't the Deliverance the gain side of a different VHT?

love to find a herbert.

$1300 for the sig:X

$900 for the deliverance.

could go for either one really. i am sure i could find either one of these cheaper, those were just the average price on GC's online used ones.

i thinking that i like the deliverance better because of the 'flavor' of the gain. the six sounds/looks nice, but i really don't need the other channels. i run a twin amp setup all the time in my studio, i can just pull the '68 bassman for cleans, or this odd old ampeg combo i have that has stunning cleans.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Framus Dragon/Cobra, Diezel (if you can find one), Engl Powerball I/Richie Blackmore

EDIT: They might not be German, but those Baron amps look pretty badass, sound clips are pretty gnarly too.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Framus Dragon/Cobra, Diezel (if you can find one), Engl Powerball I/Richie Blackmore

EDIT: They might not be German, but those Baron amps look pretty badass, sound clips are pretty gnarly too.

found a dragon for $1400 (again at GC used). that is cheaper than i thought i would see a framus go.

i will give baron a look.

engl's seemed a little more pricey than the others, and tone wise, i like the other amps better.

really digging the cobra/dragon. going to check out Baron.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
ENGL Fireball 100

/thread
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.