1 10%
Taylor 714CE
5 50%
Santa Cruz OM/PW
2 20%
Martin 000C-16RGTE
2 20%
Voters: 10.
I have a Larrivee OM-09 that I love but I'm having a bad GAS attack lately. I only have 1 guitar right now and I must buy a guitar before I go crazy! Here are the guitars I have in mind:

Santa Cruz OM/PW
Martin OM-21
Taylor 714CE
Martin 000C-16RGTE

Oh wow, a bunch of great guitars in that list. My vote would be toward either the OM/PW or 714. The 000c isn't as nice as either the PW or the 21 in my opinion so I would count that one out. The PW is just such a sweet guitar, I never wanted to put down the one I played. That being said, you already have an OM, albeit not a martin styled one. I'd lean toward the 714 simply because it's different and a fantastic instrument if you can get it for the right price. The PW though....I can't get it out of my mind.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
if you can afford the santa cruz, there are higher end - and to my ear, better sounding - martins that should make the list. santa cruz makes some great sounding guitars, and of your list, that's the one i'd go for. but i'd also suggest you try huss & dalton (amazing guitars) and collings.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thanks for the advice! I played the Santa Cruz OM/PW in store last week and I really liked it. It was a joy to play! The price tag is not pretty though. I'm also worried about how fragile the nitro cellulose lacquer finish is. I heard the nitro finish is not as durable as UV poly and it cracks easily? Since I'm going to buy it used so it doesn't come with warranty or anything. I'm a bit concerned about the durability of the Santa Cruz.
Nitro Cellulose has been used for many years without problems. Sure if you dont look after your finish you can have problems, especially where the suns involved. I use both paint types on a regular basis. Years ago there where some recalls of guitars where a certain bach of Nitro Cellolose
was faulty, but to say it cracks easy is incorrect. Cheers
Quote by guitarwiz2000
Thanks for the advice! I played the Santa Cruz OM/PW in store last week and I really liked it. It was a joy to play! The price tag is not pretty though. I'm also worried about how fragile the nitro cellulose lacquer finish is. I heard the nitro finish is not as durable as UV poly and it cracks easily? Since I'm going to buy it used so it doesn't come with warranty or anything. I'm a bit concerned about the durability of the Santa Cruz.

Durability of the finish shouldn't be an issue. They will both be fine if you take care of them.

I would really suggest taking a good look at Collings guitars. If I were aching to buy a high end Martin, I'd just get a Collings instead. I really do feel that they're better built and better sounding guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
why dont they make industrial sized GAS-X for people like us? im sure the Blonde at this point would settle for some flatulence rather than me "stepping out" and coming back with a new baby for the collection. makes ya wonder.... how many guitars is enough? .... just one more.