I just broke my second string after ive replaced a new one a week before! My strings are breaking every 3 or 4 days, and they ALWAYS either break at the saddle, or the coating is being tore off from the saddle and then it comes loose. And when i change a string, i have for 2 days tune it up. After one jam session of 3 mins it comes out of tune - and everytime i bring it to tune(not a semi tone or a tone and a half out of pitch, but much lower) i hear thus "clank" like something that is being pulled is put back into place, and im sure that the string at the nut has no folds or anything that causes that.

I have a floating bridge Ibanez and i use 0.10-0.46 elixir polyweb strings. My bridge is rly high and my teacher says i need a setup - is this the cause?
likely. if there is one string that is breaking much more often that the others, you may have a burr on that saddle.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Standarduser
whats a burr?

i wont be a complete jerk, but you could search it on google in 30 secs.

its essentially a piece of rough metal that is sharp and unintended for. thats a solid reason when you handle say a piece of cut sheet metal you may want gloves, or you could get a mean cut.

i had a two or three inch gash in my palm in my right hand from grabbing a piece of metal and it slid down my hand.

much as it could be cutting your strings.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

its essentially a piece of rough metal that is sharp and unintended for. thats a solid reason when you handle say a piece of cut sheet metal you may want gloves, or you could get a mean cut.

i had a two or three inch gash in my palm in my right hand from grabbing a piece of metal and it slid down my hand.

lol guy was just asking.... but yea it might be a sharp piece of metal at the saddle that needs to be filed down.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Actually i searched the web for an hour before opening the thread :/

All which i found was really blurry(sorry for the pun, i had to) and i didnt quite understand what is it.

How does it look like? Is it inside the bridge beyond my reach so ill need to open it, or something that can be done from the outside?

More so - how it is that it just started happening now? I have this guitar for 6 months, i mean - shrap bits of metal dont just pop out of the air into my bridge.

Or do they
Last edited by Standarduser at Dec 12, 2011,