Hey guys!
I was browsing youtube the other day and came across dragonfire 81 and 85. I guess they are emg copies. And they are really cheap. We dont get dragon fire 81 and 85 in india (where I live) and emgs cost 200$ and this is just 100$. I have a Yamaha Pacifica 012 that has an agathis body and a rosewood fret board with a sonokelling neck. I've heard that emgs work well on all guitars irrespective of wood so would it improve my sound? I have a peavey vypyr 15 modelling amp. I play rock, metal and metalcore and clean stuff too. So will it improve my sound? Or should I just save up and buy the Pod HD300?
Thanks!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
bump!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Try google dude. I dont know anything about those pickups or even heard of them.
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
I remember you from another one of you threads and I'm going to say what I said before plainly: You're tone isn't going to get miles better with EMGs or a POD because of your amp. Get a good amp and then see if you need better pickups.
I pride myself on my humility.
With a peavey vyper 15 i doubt a set of EMG's will even make a huge diffrens through all that digital gain
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special