I'm starting to wish instead of doing music I'd done something in the field of mathematics or computer sciences.

The problem is music is pretty much what I've been doing for most of my college/uni life. How wise do you think it is to chance academic focus at this time in your life (21), or is your focus at 21 pretty much what you're stuck with for life?
Never too late to change (within reason), but it's the financial implications of starting a new course, or trying to get your current institution to allow you onto one of those other courses, which you need to worry about.

No-one's going to hold a change of direction against you, particularly when it shows that you have a broader range of skills than most people.
I dropped out of a physics degree two years ago to start philosophy this year, it's working out pretty good for me. (I'm the same age as you.)

I'd say at 21 you still have time to change your focus...you won't do forever though, so you want to be sure you get the right subject sooner rather than later.
Up The Boro!
Way easier to change academic focus 2 years in then graduate, realize there's nothing out there for you and start the process all over again @ 25
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
I wan't something that isn't rooted in subjectivity like music is. I saw a John Zorn interview recently (which sparked a lot of this) in which he talked about a project of his (The theater of musical optics) where he supposedly created music without sound. http://www2b.abc.net.au/triplej/unearthed/archives/archive1/newposts/0/topic512.shtm

Which is pretty out there stuff, but I find the subjectivity of music generally to be a scary thing
I'm in the same perdicament.. In my second year now about to turn 21, hating my bachelor of computing course... I just don't know what I'd like to do, philosophy? Writing?

Oh woe is us...
Listen to these folk, if you've thought about it and are sure you want to do a different course, do it. At 21, you're fine but I'd think it'll get harder to change the more you go on with it.
Quote by homeless-john
Listen to these folk, if you've thought about it and are sure you want to do a different course, do it. At 21, you're fine but I'd think it'll get harder to change the more you go on with it.

Good to know I've still got a chance now, but it's hard to say, I thought music was what I wanted to do, I just hope I don't change than regret it.
Quote by jesse music
Good to know I've still got a chance now, but it's hard to say, I thought music was what I wanted to do, I just hope I don't change than regret it.

Just make sure you have a really good think before you do something. Talk to your friends or family or even a career advisor/counsellor if your college or uni has one. That could help in making your decision easier to make and even give you some information.

Good luck with whatever you do.