Can anyone help me find out the name of an old trippy cartoon movie?

I was at a friends house the other day, and they put on this movie. Usually I don't get too interested in cartoons, but this one had me hooked. Now when I say trippy, this movie was really weird. I can't remember much, but there was a bunch of nudity, it was bloody as well, and it looked to be of the 70s-80s era. However, it could be newer, I'm not sure.

A lot of the backgrounds in the movie were of real things, and it would have cartoon people drawn over it. One part i remember had a bunch of people spinning glowing rings in the background. There was also transvestites in it.

Can anyone help? I've googled a ton of different things and I can't find anything about it

EDIT: And my friends phone is off and he lives quite a ways a way so I wouldn't be able to find out for a while.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
South Park...?
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Heavy Metal maybe? Really trippy stuff. Mostly short stories that all tie together in some way....
nah man this was old... and was absolutely NOTHING like south park. It had real video going on as backgrounds, on loops and stuff. and it was probably the most trippy film ive ever seen in my life, and ive seen a lot. apparently this movie isnt exactly famous at all but i figured it had to have a cult following of some sort

EDIT: I just googled fritz the cat and while thats not it, thats a lot more on the right track
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Last edited by meta1militia at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by jealousmonkey
Heavy Metal maybe? Really trippy stuff. Mostly short stories that all tie together in some way....

This
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by madbasslover
Sounds like Heavy Metal.

This.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
its not heavy metal. the movie im talking about is extremely trippy / a lot weider than heavy metal. but again the movie im talking about fits the same category. it showed a transvestites penis a lot and absolutely nothing about the movie made any sense whatsoever kinda like a gummo esque plot (which is none really)

EDIT: I believe some of the main characters in it were animals as well (dont remember if heavy metal had that or not)

EDIT 2: I don't believe i'll be able to find the answer on the internet. I'll just wait until I can find out from my friend which might take a few days but I'll report back and tell you guys because this movie was a masterpiece and the epitome of a mind f*** movie
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Last edited by meta1militia at Dec 12, 2011,
Fantastic Planet (1973)
I think its french name is La Planet Salvare, or somthing like that
Quote by Jackal58

It definitely sounds like a Bakshi movie. If it's not Heavy Traffic, it's probably Coonskin.

Ralph Bakshi's movies are amazing. So crazy. I highly recommend the three that have been mentioned already (Fritz the Cat, Heavy Traffic, Coonskin) along with Wizards along with Fire and Ice.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
That was it! Heavy Traffic. Much thanks, Jackal. Also got some other cool recommendations out of this thread.

Thanks to all.
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
Quote by meta1militia
That was it! Heavy Traffic. Much thanks, Jackal. Also got some other cool recommendations out of this thread.

Thanks to all.

No problem man. I'm surprised I remembered it. A big chunk of the 70s are missing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
i was about to say who framed roger rabbit

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore