Doing stuff on your own that you'd normally do with a group of people.

Poll: Thread title.
Poll Options
View poll results: Thread title.
Yeah. I play by my own rules.
49 34%
Lolnah. I'm not some sort of leper.
15 10%
Sometimes I guess, either way I don't care.
68 47%
Basketballs grow on trees hyuk hyuk!
13 9%
Voters: 145.
Page 1 of 2
You ever do stuff alone that tends to be more socially acceptable to do in group? I was bored at home and decided to go to the pub on my own because fuck it. Ain't nobody out on a Monday and I feel like drinking and not festering in my own futility at home.

Sitting in a corner of the pub right now with pint in hand. Feel like a bit of a Billy No Mates but phuck it lol.

So any UGers do the same?
*parp*
Going out to eat by yourself is awesome.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
masturbation feels pretty good on your own too.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I wouldn't...ever.

I remember going to the cinema once and a stereotypical forever alone nerd guy game in with his little drink and popcorn and sat by himself watching the movie . I don't usually have feelings but that just got to me and i promised myself i would never end up that bad.
Quote by the bartender
masturbation feels pretty good on your own too.

Pretty much this but it's fun when there's a group.
STಠ_ಠ
Everything.

Walks, drinks, laughs, discussions, sex.

Who needs people anyway?

Love to sit at home by myself with a strong drink and dick about on the internet or watch gaki no tsukai.
yeah, i go to gigs and restaurants and camping by myself.
i do those thing in groups too but its a whole different experience by yourself.
and you tend to meet new people too because you don have to be the person you are expected to be. you can play with other personalities.
plus its a nice treat.
now extra flamey
I do stuff alone quite often. I interact with enough people at work. When I'm not at work I want me time, alone time, nothing to do with other people. People say I am flaky about coming out to social occasions. That's exactly why. I have lots of people that don't like me because I will ditch them on a whim just so I can be alone at home playing or listening to music in my little world of bliss. I've had plenty of clingy girlfriends that freak out and take it personally when they realize I don't want to be around them 24/7.

Of course that can backfire too in the "getting to know" stage because they think I'm all mysterious and playing hard to get. No I just want to sit on my ass and play guitar all day, eat nachos and drink beer.

Social things I'm obligated to (band practices or family events) I will go to but I always have this nagging anxiety to get away. I want to play on my own, play my own music not the song we've got going on now. Even if I really like the song I can't help but want to just play something else. No I don't want to visit and talk about useless things with my family. I want to eat an awesome holiday meal, have some beer, take an awesome nap, speak briefly with everybody then drive home.

I don't go to movies much but mostly because I don't like the pricing on them anymore. Let me see a movie for like 7 bucks. Not 15 or 20 because it's in 3D IMax surround wankery. That and every preview I see in the theater will spoil whatever that movie is.

I go to certain hole in the wall bars/pubs to get away and be hidden. Seriously.

I used to go on week/two week long backpacking trips alone in the mountains.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Dec 12, 2011,
Yeah. I nearly always go to gigs alone unless its a band my mates like more than I do. I like to just go have a beer alone most of the time. Even eating out or seeing movies alone is OK.

Shit, I'm a loner. Ah well. People suck anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
If someone offers me to tag along, I let him/her tag along.

If nobody does, then I fly solo.

My wallet goes on cruise-control though.
I skate by myself because none of my friends do it.
I play guitar by myself at the moment because my band is to lazy to get together.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I tend to avoid social contact, so yes. Eating alone is okay, and lone sex is cool.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by BlackVoid
I do stuff alone quite often. I interact with enough people at work. When I'm not at work I want me time, alone time, nothing to do with other people. People say I am flaky about coming out to social occasions. That's exactly why. I have lots of people that don't like me because I will ditch them on a whim just so I can be alone at home playing or listening to music in my little world of bliss. I've had plenty of clingy girlfriends that freak out and take it personally when they realize I don't want to be around them 24/7.

Of course that can backfire too in the "getting to know" stage because they think I'm all mysterious and playing hard to get. No I just want to sit on my ass and play guitar all day, eat nachos and drink beer.

Social things I'm obligated to (band practices or family events) I will go to but I always have this nagging anxiety to get away. I want to play on my own, play my own music not the song we've got going on now. Even if I really like the song I can't help but want to just play something else. No I don't want to visit and talk about useless things with my family. I want to eat an awesome holiday meal, have some beer, take an awesome nap, speak briefly with everybody then drive home.

I don't go to movies much but mostly because I don't like the pricing on them anymore. Let me see a movie for like 7 bucks. Not 15 or 20 because it's in 3D IMax surround wankery. That and every preview I see in the theater will spoil whatever that movie is.

I go to certain hole in the wall bars/pubs to get away and be hidden. Seriously.

I used to go on week/two week long backpacking trips alone in the mountains.

My nigga.
*parp*
I am never going to drink on my own. It just sounds sad and bleh.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa

This.
I love hanging out with people, when I'm alone for whatever reason I just find new people. One thing I do I think counts though, after a few years of the 'wingman' approach to pulling in clubs, I've discovered other guys cramp my style. I go with a couple of female friends who I can tactically ditch these days. Hit rate up.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by Trowzaa

Yeah it is pretty sad. A girl I knew from school is cleaning the tables around me whilst occasionally noticing me sitting here with my fifth pint. She probably thinks I'm some sort of leper.
*parp*
Drinking. Movies. Dinner. Drinking.
EDIT: I also don't really understand why drinking alone is so frowned upon. I like getting hammered, but I don't always like going out. So I stay home and drink.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Last edited by TooFast at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by Bleurgh
Yeah it is pretty sad. A girl I knew from school is cleaning the tables around me whilst occasionally noticing me sitting here with my fifth pint. She probably thinks I'm some sort of leper.

Make an awkward joke to say hi?

"Is it just the beer goggles or did you get hotter since school?"
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It usually plays out like this:

Me: "Hey friends, you wanna go to the pub/restaurant/movies/zoo/strip club today?"

Friends: "Nah, not really."

Me: "Okay then."

And then I go by myself because if I feel like going to the zoo, I'm gonna go to the goddamn zoo, goddammit!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Dec 12, 2011,
Seeing movies by yourself is 10X more enjoyable.

If I'm out with friends or a girl, I want to actually hangout and talk. Just sitting there looking at a screen is not something I need a person next to me to do.

Plus, you can just sit back, and enjoy the movie more.
Quote by CoreysMonster

And then I go by myself because if I feel like going to the zoo, I'm gonna go to the goddamn zoo, goddammit!

I can respect that.

I do pretty much everything I do in groups by myself as well, and oftentimes I enjoy it more by myself. I don't know how I got to be this introverted. I enjoy the hell out of eating at a restaurant by myself. Sometimes I bring a book.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by darkstar2466
Make an awkward joke to say hi?
"Is it just the beer goggles or did you get hotter since school?"

I already have a girlfriend mate. It's just awkward 'cause she doesn't know me well enough to know that I have a life. For all she knows, I'm an alcoholic. All this just 'cause I was bored and felt like drinkin'.

Quote by CoreysMonsster
Fuckin' zoos.

I don't know how to hold all these feels.
*parp*
Last edited by Bleurgh at Dec 12, 2011,
Sometimes it's nice to get out of the house and simply be around other people, even if you're not interacting with them.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I prefer not to do most things alone, only things I will do alone is go for walks or drive out into this clearing I know in the woods to watch stars. The latter seems like something you'd do by yourself anyway though.
there is no shame in going for a drink on your own. actually it's a great way to meet people. if i go to a bar alone a bunch of beers later i'm making new (drunk) friends. also it's easyer to pick up girls if nobody there knows you.

also sometimes i get high on my own. i walk into the fields, sit down, put random stuff on fire and smoke weed. i love the feeling when there is nobody around for miles and you can do whatever the **** you want.
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
I don't actively go out of my way to do group activities alone, my case is more one of usually being on my own and not really caring.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Quote by Metallicuh
I skate by myself because none of my friends do it.
I play guitar by myself at the moment because my band is to lazy to get together.

This minus the skating alone.
you're a stone fox
Quote by burghUK
I wouldn't...ever.

I remember going to the cinema once and a stereotypical forever alone nerd guy game in with his little drink and popcorn and sat by himself watching the movie . I don't usually have feelings but that just got to me and i promised myself i would never end up that bad.

Whenever I see those type of guys it literally breaks my heart..... . I sometimes go bmxing by myself but not all the time. It's so much more fun in a group b/c we're able to bounce tips and stuff off of each other.
Quote by Zeropathic
I don't actively go out of my way to do group activities alone, my case is more one of usually being on my own and not really caring.

Pretty much this is what I'm like. I know it seems like I care 'cause I made a thread but I just thought it was an interesting topic. Group activities I normally do with a group but I don't really care much if I'm on my own.

Unless the girl from school from school works at the place where I'm alone...
*parp*
Page 1 of 2