I have some spare money and i want to make myself happy by buying a pedal,but im having difficulties deciding what pedal i need the most for my style of playing.
Bands i listen are : Tool,Deftones,Karnivool,Ratm,audioslave,quite a bit grunge,post rock and also metal such as in flames,trivium etc.

my gear is :
engl screamer 50
fender 15r
Schecter hellraiser

pedals i own : Ibanez FL9,Ehx small clone,Dunlop GCB wah,Boss DD-7,and a boss mt-2 which i would like to less.
What pedal could i use?
Tool? Delay?

Ibanez AD-9.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Vendetta V
get a delay pedal! I can't imagine Tool without delay

Already have ,boss dd-7
Quote by Vendetta V
^damn how did I miss it?

then I'd get either fuzz either flanger

Got a flanger ,Ibanez fl9 read dammit ,and i dont really see any use for fuzz in my pedalboard :/
Quote by WtrPlyr
What's missing in your sound? Or are we supposed to suggest random pedals?

The thing is i dont really know whats missing.and i dont want to go on and buy some random pedal that i will end up just playing 5 minutes.what are the essential pedals every one has to have,and are really of some constructive use ?
Quote by davor2705
The thing is i dont really know whats missing.and i dont want to go on and buy some random pedal that i will end up just playing 5 minutes.what are the essential pedals every one has to have,and are really of some constructive use ?

If you don't feel like you're missing anything, don't buy anything. Put the money away until GAS strikes or something awesome comes along.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you need a fuzz pedal, dude! Fuzz Factory is the way to go! SUPER versatile. Just hard to set up if you don't know what you're looking for
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi