Yes
91 66%
No
16 12%
Sometimes..
30 22%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 3
If you may recall i posted a thread about me not being able to get out of the past..

well i do
i love all old stuff from when i was a kid, i even went out the way to buy originally sealed pokemon cards for the smell of them!

But.. do you?!
Is it a disease?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yes. It's incredibly depressing thinking that I'll never be a child again.
PM me for newts
Then think about all the women you can have sex with if you pretend to be an asshole to them.
Quote by Hanaaaah!
No, my childhood was shit, I wish I could forget it actually.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Teenagehood was miles better.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
If you may recall i posted a thread about me not being able to get out of the past..

Man that was a great thread...

Does anybody remember when nostalgia was really popular a couple years ago? Yeah...

I think reminiscing is fine, but people have a tendency to sugar-coat the past, especially whatever time period their childhood took place in. Don't trust anyone who ever refers to "the good old days" because they probably have a warped sense of reality.

Sometimes nostalgia can go too far, and that's how we ended up with Generation X, a group of boring self-obsessed idiots who love recounting the horrendously mundane tales of when they were in high school and would drive around in a car and listen to Nirvana (no, I mean that's the whole story). At least the Baby Boomers did some weird shit in the 70's that fun to hear about now. Just remember folks, because you had good times doesn't mean someone else will have a good time hearing about it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I enjoy nostalgia, I don't 'suffer'. But only a healthy amount. I love where I am ATM too.
Dude, where's my band?
tbh, being a teenager is better than being a kid, you're more concious to the things you like and don't like. saying that, i do look back and think how much i miss being a kid. but i'll probably look back in 10 years and think how i miss being a teen..
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
My childhood is nothing but repressed memories and memories I wish I could repress.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
a post on fb by one of my childhood friends, sasha, from a couple days ago.
read if your a 90's kid.

"Our childhood in a nutshell! If you're under the age of 12 you shouldnt even read this; and if you do, you should not repost. Just because you were born in 97 doest mean you're a 90s kid. ... It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons -I am sorry but three conscious years of the 90s just wont cut it. You're a 90s kid if, You remember watching: -Kenan and Kel -Doug -Ren & Stimpy -Pinky and the Brain -AAAAAAAH Real Monsters! -Rocko's Modern Life -Animaniacs -Gargoyles -Tom and Jerry [when they didnt talk] -Hey Arnold -Out of the Box -Bear in the Big Blue House -Reading Rainbow You've ever ended a sentence with the word PSYCHE! You just cant resist finishing this: "In west Philadelphia born and raised... You remember: -Step by Step -Family Matters -Dinosaurs -Boy Meets World You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons. When everything was settled by: -rock paper scissors or -bubble gum bubble gum in a dish or -miss mary mack When kick ball was something you did everyday!! You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record your FAVORITE song of ALL time on a tape. You remember when Super Nintendos and Sega Genisis became popular. You always wanted to send in a tape to Americas Funniest Home Videos . . . but never taped anything funny. You remember watching: -The Magic School Bus -Wishbone -Reading Rainbow -Ghostwriter on PBS You remember when Yo-Yos were cool. And you played with Silly Puddy and Sticky Tac that you stole from the teachers walls. You remember those Where's Waldo books. Those awesome Buzz Lightyear shoes that light up. You remember eating Warheads and Splashers Gum You remember watching: -The 1st Batman -Aladdin -Ninja Turtles -Ghost Busters You remember Ring Pops!!! If you remember when every thing was da BOMB! You remember boom boxes vs. cd players You played and/or collected Pogs You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet, or Nano and brought it everywhere u went You watched the original cartoons of -Rugrats -Wild Thornberrys -Power Rangers -Rocket Power. All your school supplies were Lisa Frank brand If you collected those: -Beanie Babies -Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon cards -Coins with the states on them - Carebears -Silver dollars, which were cool to have Everyone watched the WB If you even know what an original walkman is.. You know the Macarena by heart "Talk to the hand". . .enough said. You went to McDonalds to play in the play place Before the MySpace frenzy... Before the Internet & text messaging... Before Sidekicks & iPods ... Before PlayStation3 or X-BOX 360... Before Spongebob... Before Sesame Street had a Cookie Monster not a Vegtable Monster When light up sneakers were cool and you had spiral spring shoelaces When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs When gas was $1. When we recorded stuff on VCR You had slap bracelets! You actually played outside until it was dark!"
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
Oh god I just realized I'm not a teenager anymore.

And now I'm feeling nostalgia for last week.

Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I found my old Pokemon Red cartridge the other day, popped it in and saw all the Pokemon I had and all the names I had given them, reminded me of all the times I had in the schoolyard battling and trading with that game. Brings tears to my eyes ;_;
Quote by Philip_pepper
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Teenagehood was miles better.

Both were shit for me. The first 20 years of my life were pretty awful. On the plus side I get to make up for all the sexing and boozing I missed.
Quote by SanchoII
read if your a 90's kid.

"Our childhood in a nutshell! If you're under the age of 12 you shouldnt even read this; and if you do, you should not repost. Just because you were born in 97 doest mean you're a 90s kid. ... It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons -I am sorry but three conscious years of the 90s just wont cut it. You're a 90s kid if, You remember watching: -Kenan and Kel -Doug -Ren & Stimpy -Pinky and the Brain -AAAAAAAH Real Monsters! -Rocko's Modern Life -Animaniacs -Gargoyles -Tom and Jerry [when they didnt talk] -Hey Arnold -Out of the Box -Bear in the Big Blue House -Reading Rainbow You've ever ended a sentence with the word PSYCHE! You just cant resist finishing this: "In west Philadelphia born and raised... You remember: -Step by Step -Family Matters -Dinosaurs -Boy Meets World You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons. When everything was settled by: -rock paper scissors or -bubble gum bubble gum in a dish or -miss mary mack When kick ball was something you did everyday!! You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record your FAVORITE song of ALL time on a tape. You remember when Super Nintendos and Sega Genisis became popular. You always wanted to send in a tape to Americas Funniest Home Videos . . . but never taped anything funny. You remember watching: -The Magic School Bus -Wishbone -Reading Rainbow -Ghostwriter on PBS You remember when Yo-Yos were cool. And you played with Silly Puddy and Sticky Tac that you stole from the teachers walls. You remember those Where's Waldo books. Those awesome Buzz Lightyear shoes that light up. You remember eating Warheads and Splashers Gum You remember watching: -The 1st Batman -Aladdin -Ninja Turtles -Ghost Busters You remember Ring Pops!!! If you remember when every thing was da BOMB! You remember boom boxes vs. cd players You played and/or collected Pogs You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet, or Nano and brought it everywhere u went You watched the original cartoons of -Rugrats -Wild Thornberrys -Power Rangers -Rocket Power. All your school supplies were Lisa Frank brand If you collected those: -Beanie Babies -Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon cards -Coins with the states on them - Carebears -Silver dollars, which were cool to have Everyone watched the WB If you even know what an original walkman is.. You know the Macarena by heart "Talk to the hand". . .enough said. You went to McDonalds to play in the play place Before the MySpace frenzy... Before the Internet & text messaging... Before Sidekicks & iPods ... Before PlayStation3 or X-BOX 360... Before Spongebob... Before Sesame Street had a Cookie Monster not a Vegtable Monster When light up sneakers were cool and you had spiral spring shoelaces When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs When gas was $1. When we recorded stuff on VCR You had slap bracelets! You actually played outside until it was dark!"

That sends back a huge blast of nostalgia, some of my friends at school were talking about almost all of these, especially the TV shows back then, it was all pretty awesome.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by SanchoII
read if your a 90's kid.

I think I just had nostalgia overload.

I miss being a kid. Everything was so simple.

Edit: But to be fair. Spongebob started in the 90s
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 12, 2011,
A wild Bob Seger appeared!

Bob Seger used nostalgia. It's super fucken effective.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
A wild Bob Seger appeared!

Bob Seger used nostalgia. It's super fucken effective.

lol, I love how tons of music from the 70's seemed like it was actually written to be listened to 40 years later thinking about how good those times were.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I miss the universal hatred for Barney.

"I hate you, you hate me. Why don't we go kill Barney..."
Quote by MakinLattes
I miss the universal hatred for Barney.

"I hate you, you hate me. Why don't we go kill Barney..."

With a 12-gague shotgun, shot him in the head...
PM me for newts
Quote by Trowzaa
Is it a disease?

lol. I came here to say that but you beat me to it.

OT a little bit.
I suffer from it all the time when I play games I played when I was young, like Pokémon and Crash Bandicoot, as well as listening to music I listened to when I was young.
Being a kid was shit.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I miss the past a lot sometimes. I had an amazing childhood and I don't think I will ever truly let go of my inner child, but I'm happier like that. I am having a good time now though and I'm in a good place in my life, so that helps. I'm afraid of turning 30 and losing my youth and all the good and crazy times that come with it, but that's not for another 10 years.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by SanchoII
read if your a 90's kid.

Ahhh yes, those were the days.

Inb4 "tl;dr"
I tend not to dwell on my past, the present is overwhelming enough without getting all sentimental about some shitty cartoon I liked as a kid.
Do you sentimental cunts not remember all the times you were dragged around horrifically dull places like Carpet Right and the lack of any freedom as a kid?

Edit: In fifteen or so years people will be going on about how great it was to be a noughties kid and how great the cartoons were. The only reason the old cartoons seem better to you is that you were young enough to enjoy them.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Dec 12, 2011,
^ This, so much. Subjectively I do think cartoons are getting worse though, but I watched Looney Toons as a kid more than I watched 90's cartoons anyway.

I rarely nostalgia, every now and then it will hit me with some random thing but I didn't really have a hard time letting my childhood go.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Dec 12, 2011,
Nostalgia is great but sometimes when people say music today is shit is irritiating. There was shit music in the 70s 80s and 90s and there was great music just as there is today.
Yes I suffer from nostalgia
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by StewieSwan
With a 12-gague shotgun, shot him in the head...

We're so glad that Barney's dead...

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by I.O.T.M
Do you sentimental cunts not remember all the times you were dragged around horrifically dull places like Carpet Right and the lack of any freedom as a kid?

Edit: In fifteen or so years people will be going on about how great it was to be a noughties kid and how great the cartoons were. The only reason the old cartoons seem better to you is that you were young enough to enjoy them.

This.

anybody remember this?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Hanaaaah!
Loved that game! The second one was great too, being able to use the Jedis.

Hell yes, I used to play those two with my dad.

brb, going to pirate those games -.-

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by I.O.T.M

don't you miss that?
I love the freedom of being able to go and waste time at place like carpet right without any remorce knowing that you should be doing something else, or driving around at night as a kid.
Page 1 of 3