What will I have to buy so that I can record straight into my pc? like hardware, not software.......
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
An audio interface.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
you need a mic and a 1/4" to 1/8th" adapter.

if you are not going that way then you need an audio interface to plug your guitar in to.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Audio interface for good quality recordings.

It's basically like a soundcard in your laptop/ PC but much higher quality and instead of a little mic hole it can have full size microphones or 1/4 jack inputs for guitar.

Or if you're cheap, you can buy cables to go in to your microphone socket but It will sound like it's on the other end of a telephone.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
If you want a really basic setup.
Just get one of those converter thingies that you plug the guitar lead into and the other side comes out as an aux cord.
plug that into the computer, and then into any pedals. then into the guitar.
It will cost you like, $10 AUS?
Quote by MitchJBurgess
If you want a really basic setup.
Just get one of those converter thingies that you plug the guitar lead into and the other side comes out as an aux cord.
plug that into the computer, and then into any pedals. then into the guitar.
It will cost you like, $10 AUS?

This method works.

However, if you're looking for something that actually sounds good and has no latency, then you're gonna want an interface. There's about a thousand various models out there. What kind of budget are we talking about here?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes