Looking to pick up a flanger or a chorus tomorrow. Tone wise I would be using the flanger on the rhythm channel of a 6505 with an overdrive for more of a vintage sound. I would be using the chorus for my cleans for metal as well as playing more spaced out trippy shit.

Im thinking the EHX Stereo Electric Mistress, it seems like a good balance but its hard to tell from youtube. I really like the MXR 117 Flanger but I can't justify spending that much on a flanger as I've never had one and I'm not quite sure how much I would use the flanger. I feel I might use a Chorus more.

My Budget is $150 tops, maybe I'll go a tiny bit higher if its a big improvement out of everything else in the price range. But with the holidays coming around I'm trying to be conservative and still get something for myself. I'm also buying new tubes tomorrow so I don't want to go overboard.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
I personally wouldn't say flanger and chorus are close enough for it to be an either/or situation. But for spaced out and trippy, I would recommend a flanger (or a phaser).

If you can find an Ibanez CF-7 used, they're pretty cheap, durable, and it would do both flanger and chorus.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Yeah i know they're two completely different modulations, but I'm interested in both. As well as using them together sparingly. But I'm only getting one or the other unless i go with the electric mistress.

I'm open to phasers too, but they really have no place in metal/deathcore which is what I play the most. I could atleast use a flanger with heavy distortion for the jet like effect in an intro or an outro. The chorus will help my cleans a little bit too. I also plan on using them for other genres but I want something that has at least a little purpose for what I spend most of my time playing.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Dec 12, 2011,
Not sure about flangers, but for chorus I like the Neo Clone and the Hardwire Chorus.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The MXR Micro Chorus and Micro Flanger are both great pedals and priced great, definitely worth checking out. IMO they both sound better than their bigger brothers.
Think im gunna go with the mxr micro flange for sure. GC is doing $15 off purchase over $75 so I'm gunna buy that. Than have my girlfriend go in and grab a mxr m234 analog chorus and get another $15 off. and im only $10 over my spending limit.

Thank you for recommending the micro flange, because i kinda just wrote it off. Now I've come up with an awesome plan.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Dec 12, 2011,