Im between the 50's or 60's tribute studio with the p90s or someother les paul?it has to be less than 1100 with hardshell case. and i like to play hard rock and blues.(old gnr and priest) please dont tell me les pauls suck that is in no way helpful. and you cant eat my y chromosome inspired gentalia.
I got the 60s Tribute Goldtop, beautiful guitar, but I was a little saddened when I saw the new 50s line up come out, I really wanted humbuckers, but the p90s got a lot of nice character to them, especially for blues. I always find myself wanting a little more out of them, but I'm pretty satisfied. You can check out my review and others on this site.
damn, i was SO keen to have ballsack for breakfast. dissapointed much.

see, i can post unnecessary crap and not help you as well
Quote by Spaztikko
damn, i was SO keen to have ballsack for breakfast. dissapointed much.

see, i can post unnecessary crap and not help you as well

you crafty bastard lol
Quote by stonepriest
alright ill check em out. when your saying you want more out of them?

Well when I want to play something like metal or really hard rock I find that the P90s just dont cut it. It could just be me but I think they really have their limitations. Definitely more bluesy.
Quote by Picklelerner
Well when I want to play something like metal or really hard rock I find that the P90s just dont cut it. It could just be me but I think they really have their limitations. Definitely more bluesy.

this is what i was kinda worried about. like from playing them they dont seem heavy enough. but i hear stuff with p90s thats been recorded and im like **** thats pretty heavy. Izzy used them on AFD. George thourogood used em. obviously hes alot more bluesy like your saying but still pretty heavy. its like a wierd kinda dealio.
Quote by stonepriest
this is what i was kinda worried about. like from playing them they dont seem heavy enough. but i hear stuff with p90s thats been recorded and im like **** thats pretty heavy. Izzy used them on AFD. George thourogood used em. obviously hes alot more bluesy like your saying but still pretty heavy. its like a wierd kinda dealio.

I had the same freakin worries when I bought my 60s Tribute man, I still frequently consider switching the pups for mini humbuckers or something. I have friends that love mine because the p90s and some that think its weak because of them. The best you can do is try out both and see what you like. I just bought mine one a whim because the price was great. I mean you cant go wrong with either of them, theyre american made gibsons for under a grand lol I'm gonna go and try out the 50s Tribute whenever I can fine one, I might switch. Best of luck though! Post pics when you make up your mind!
Quote by stonepriest

Tony Iommi also used p90s for a while.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.