When I am doing dive bombs on my Kramer assault 220 fr when I get 3/4 of the way down there is a clicking sound by the floydrose, the sound is not coming from the locking nut or anywhere around that what could be the problem?
Don't over tighten the nut.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I had the same problem with my Jackson. It's not the FR, it is probably the neck. Unscrew the neck and then put it back on and make sure it is screwed in properly. Sometimes it isn't quite level and when you increase or decrease tension like that it makes the neck click into place. It sounds like its the trem but it isn't.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
I had the same problem with my Jackson. It's not the FR, it is probably the neck. Unscrew the neck and then put it back on and make sure it is screwed in properly. Sometimes it isn't quite level and when you increase or decrease tension like that it makes the neck click into place. It sounds like its the trem but it isn't.

it is a set neck not a bolt on if that is waht you mean..
Check the posts don't have grooves in them, where the floyd sits against them, it's a common wear point but they're cheap enough to replace.
Turn the guitar over with the trem cover off and watch the trem springs as you push the bar down. Sometimes the coil part of the spring will bind on the front side of the block.
springs. happens on my ibanez. will work itself out eventually
Guitars:
FENDER Sugar Rush, Scala-Caster Strat
KRAMER Striker600ST (from 86)

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Rocktron Banshee 2 Talkbox
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Get yourself a piece of 3/16 rubber tubing from someplace like Lowes or Home Depot. Cut pieces the same length as the springs and slide them inside the springs. They'll absorb a lot of the spring noises a tremolo can make.