Hi,

I have my fist show/talent show this sunday. I play Monster by Skillet. I got the tab here on ultimate Guitar. Just wondering if anyone have any tips for me for my first show experience ?

I have praticed today with my band mates on the stage and it's a great feeling. I mean it's like a reward to my guitar classes.

I noticed that i keep looking at my guitar and what i am doing because i don't want to mess it up. I don't look at the crown. I also just stand there. I don't do crazy guitar moves or jump around as those guitar players you see in video.

Also just asking do you know any other modern rock song that sounds similar to MOnster by Skillet ?
Make sure you look at the crown at all times, the King won't appreciate you as much if you don't.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Just be chill and have fun with it. Don't worry about not acting like a monkey on stage, im pretty sure no one acted like that for their first performance.

As for the looking at your guitar, personally i'd be more worried about playing it correctly than looking at the crowd.

And sorry, i'm not familiar enough with Skillet to recommend anyone else...

don't stand completely still dude. if you feel confortable walking around or moving your head/leg/ anything during the easyer parts, do it. also once in a while raise your head to smile to the lady's in the audience.

in fact i advise you to take a good look at their tits once in a while since having a boner with the lower half of your guitar dropped to your crotch area improves the visability to your fretboard and picking area
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Skillet sounds alot like Evanscense...considerring i dont care much fore them, i dont care for skillet....DO METALLICA.......or coldplay...hahahhhahhahhaha....no...do metallica!
depending on what lifestyle you live either
1) smoke and finish your cig with enough time for you to push through the crowd
2) stand in the crowd for the night and get a feel for the atmosphere
3) do both of the above

its cool to look at your guitar so do dont Fu*k up, but practice the song before you leave and make sure you know the structure

good luck man/woman (:
Yeah i am into Metal too but not my guitar teacher or the class. They are more in pop or Rock. My teacher is into blues. They seem to like monster by Skillet.

I am a big metal fan but i like modern rock bands such as Alter Bridge,Shinedown,Skillet,sick puppies,3 doors down

I know 2 songs by Evanessence. Bring me to life and my Immortal.
Last edited by bast1981 at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by bast1981
Also just asking do you know any other modern rock song that sounds similar to MOnster by Skillet ?

Animal I Have Become.

They're practically the same song.
Make sure you have extra picks where you can reach them quickly in case you drop one. Maybe double-stick taped to the guitar or if you have a mic boom you can get one of those Dunlop pick holders--or just wedge a couple of picks between the mic clip and the mic.

If you're downtuning as low as they do, I hope you have thicker strings on your guitar--wouldn't go and change that now, though.

Also, it's a good idea to use fresh strings, but make sure they're stretched all the way. I mean stretch, tune, stretch, tune, etc. until they don't lose pitch anymore after a stretch. That can take from 15 minutes to 1/2 hour to do right, but it's better than going out of tune halfway through the song. By right, I mean above the nut and at the bridge, too. I was at a show over the weekend where obviously the guitar techs hadn't stretched the strings enough because they tuned between every song and sometimes had to stop playing to tune more (good thing all the bands had 2+ guitarists). And these were national acts.

With this almost being winter and all, make sure to wear the guitar for a while before you're up so the guitar can warm up to your body temp before you go on. Otherwise the tuning will change while you're playing as the guitar warms up.

Finally, you can wear sunglasses so that the crowd can't see your eyes. Also it might help if you're not used to playing with bright lights in your eyes--if they have that setup, like most stages do.

Break a leg.
Last edited by jetwash69 at Dec 12, 2011,
Take Five by Dave Brubeck Quartet.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Take Five by Dave Brubeck Quartet.

Hey I was going to go see Dave Brubeck about a year ago, but he had to canx the tour because he fell ill.

But this is Ultimate Guitar, so you'd probably have to go with the Chet Atkins tab. Then there's no need for backup picks, or a primary pick, either.
Quote by jetwash69
Hey I was going to go see Dave Brubeck about a year ago, but he had to canx the tour because he fell ill.

But this is Ultimate Guitar, so you'd probably have to go with the Chet Atkins tab. Then there's no need for backup picks, or a primary pick, either.
Chet Atkins? I gotta check that out!

Yeah, you can't blame the guy, he's 90 years old (I thought he had passed away, actually).
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Chet Atkins? I gotta check that out!

Yeah, you can't blame the guy, he's 90 years old (I thought he had passed away, actually).

That's why we wanted to go. Didn't want to miss him like we missed Les Paul. At least I got to see Chuck Berry. The arthritis is holding him back big time, but his kids and grandson are picking up where he leaves off. His daughter kills it like you wouldn't believe on the harmonica.