Now people are allowed to upload full concerts, movies and albums. Does anyone remember back a few years ago when you had to get special permission just to upload one song or youtube would silence it/delete it and suspend/ban you? Does youtube just not care anymore?
Blame the corrupted capitalist establishment.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
It's like the war on drugs. You get rid of one dealer and another will pop up in his place overnight.

YouTube's war on music was unwinnable, if you get rid of one upload of a song, another will pop in moments later.
Quote by MiserySignals11
Now people are allowed to upload full concerts, movies and albums. Does anyone remember back a few years ago when you had to get special permission just to upload one song or youtube would silence it/delete it and suspend/ban you? Does youtube just not care anymore?

You say it like thats a bad thing
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Remember when the videos were tiny as hell? And mostly all that you did on it was listen to music? Yep. Its weird.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Yeah, so much for the "government is trying to censor deh internetz" frenzy that went on last month. If anything, the government doesn't really care anymore.
It gets to a point where there is just so much of it that they can't stop it all.

Also, most of those videos are monetized with Google adsense. They make money on ads, so they can legally use it as long as the owner(s) of that content are being paid. That's why VEVO is such a big thing now.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by MiserySignals11
Yeah, so much for the "government is trying to censor deh internetz" frenzy that went on last month. If anything, the government doesn't really care anymore.

They do care, it's just a different kind of care. I'm pretty sure that bill didn't pass anyways, but as long as the DCMA still exists, we are all in trouble.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Well they can only restrict content when it is reported by someone. Youtube doesn't really care about copyrights, only how copywritten material can become a liability for them. If some company like Viacom have the resources to isolate (ideally) all material which violates the copyrights that they hold then they will. If I make some silly webcartoon and it gets ripped off, there's nothing I can do. Youtube won't remove it because if they don't, I don't have the resources to cause any further legal recourse against them.

Youtube profits from having free material to host on their site (all distribution with no production costs). However, when the material bears a liability that someone with substantial resources will file legal action against the material being posted, it makes the most sense for YouTube to save their asses and throw the material providers under the bus.

Sorry if that's a bit incoherrent, my point is that each group (distributors: i.e. Youtube; Producers: i.e. Viacom; and redistributors: i.e. people who post portions of copywritten material) all have their own separate motivations and liabilities. However, these groups don't always choose to act upon those motivations(usually for cost/benefit reasons)

****, I've totally lost track of what my point is. So in summary, the world is made up a number of different people and groups all with their own motivations. The more you can isolate those motivations, the more you can begin to gain a greater perspective and try to exploit the current circumstances (note I substituted "situation" for circumstances).

Holy ****, I was a lot more sober when i started writing this post. Is there any coherent point here? Somebody help me out.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Youtube know that people upload copyrighted material and allow it to happen. Even if they wanted to not allow it, it'd be very difficult for them to manage. If someone makes a copyright claim though, it gets taken down straight away. This allows youtube to host copyrighted material whilst staying within the legal requirements they need to meet.