http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/oct/25/us-departure-iraq-illusion

This is a bad tradeoff. Human rights organizations have accused PMCs involved in the Middle East of human trafficking, PMCs are more expensive than US Troops (the PMCs will be on Government payroll) and PMCs are very questionable when it comes to their tactics and handling of civilians. I would have rather had the Troops stay in Iraq because they're more trustworthy and less sketchy than PMCs.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by CannedBullets at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by add_g
Go Xe!

The CEO of Xe (Blackwater) is a ****ing nutjob. He literally thinks he's on a mission for God to "cleanse" the Middle East and Xe operatives have been accused of being intoxicated on the job.
Inb4 Zoots and Kumanji bash the U.S. for leaving this to Private Military Corps when all along they've wanted the U.S. out of Iraq

This sounds like a shitty situation. I heard on the radio Obama announced that the war in Iraq was 'officially over' today and that 'the war' was gonna be handed over to them to handle...

EDIT: Did anyone really think that the U.S. would pull out troops completely from Iraq? I wouldn't be suprised if their is still some from of U.S. military presence there 30 years from now
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by CannedBullets
The CEO of Xe (Blackwater) is a ****ing nutjob. He literally thinks he's on a mission for God to "cleanse" the Middle East and Xe operatives have been accused of being intoxicated on the job.
Blackwater is actually a ****ing terrible company. To be honest, if I was born in the Middle East I'd probably hate the US too, what with all the ****ing around they do over there to turn a profit for some contractors.
Quote by vicarious46
Inb4 Zoots and Kumanji bash the U.S. for leaving this to Private Military Corps when all along they've wanted the U.S. out of Iraq

This sounds like a shitty situation. I heard on the radio Obama announced that the war in Iraq was 'officially over' today and that 'the war' was gonna be handed over to them to handle...

The only reason the Troops are being pulled out is so Obama will have brownie points with the public by election day. Most people could care less about the fact that PMCs are doing the fighting because American boys will be back home (or most likely Afghanistan).
Quote by CannedBullets
The only reason the Troops are being pulled out is so Obama will have brownie points with the public by election day. Most people could care less about the fact that PMCs are doing the fighting because American boys will be back at home (or most likely Afghanistan).

It's been ten years, I think you can legally call it home now.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by vicarious46

EDIT: Did anyone really think that the U.S. would pull out troops completely from Iraq? I wouldn't be suprised if their is still some from of U.S. military presence there 30 years from now

We're still in Germany, so yeah, we will probably still be there.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Blackwater is actually a ****ing terrible company. To be honest, if I was born in the Middle East I'd probably hate the US too, what with all the ****ing around they do over there to turn a profit for some contractors.

Yeah. PMCs will definitely lower American approval in Iraq and possibly the rest of the Middle East. Which is a shame because American approval was slowly rising in the Middle East.
Hey! Blackwater has an excellent rifle range out here in NC. 1200 or so yards.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Of course the war with Iraq isn't over. We still have a ****ing embargo on Cuba and our beef with them was 50 years ago.
Quote by vicarious46

I want all the occupation in iraq to end.

If this doesn't convince you of the sheer corruption going on with the entire bullshit 'war on terror' then i don't know what would.
Also. Mercenary groups are banned by the Geneva Convention. So why the hell are PMCs allowed to exist? Is it because Private Military Corporation sounds friendlier?
Quote by add_g
I don't get why this is seen by the government as a good idea.

Politics don't make any sense.

I'm for troops coming out of iraq, but when they said all the troops coming out of iraq, I assumed they actually meant all the troops. What the fuck.
Quote by CannedBullets
The only reason the Troops are being pulled out is so Obama will have brownie points with the public by election day. Most people could care less about the fact that PMCs are doing the fighting because American boys will be back home (or most likely Afghanistan).

I pretty much agree, one of his major policies was to pull troops out of Iraq and of course he was going to get votes for it whether or not his methods in doing so did more good then harm.

It's a story that won't get covered cause everyone will be shitting their pants about how 'great' Obama is for pulling the troops out

EDIT@Zoot:^it convinces me that Obama's an asshat and did not have the best strategy on pulling out, just pull out and let some other people deal with it... Brilliant
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Dec 12, 2011,
We still have troops in Japan and Germany, why are you so surprised by this?
Quote by UntilISleep
I've seen enough Gundam to know where this is going

Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.