Poll: Are you yourself when online?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you yourself when online?
Yes
139 72%
No
31 16%
Wat.
22 11%
Voters: 192.
Page 1 of 3
I notice people say such bold things when behind their little screens, that they would probably never say in person. This leaves the question whether they are truly acting as themselves or trying to "look cool".
Ya pretty much myself.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
probably not like myself in the sense that i say some things in real life i regret instantly, while here on the internet, i can type it first and then not post it if i don't think i should say it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Can't say I'm too much different in real life. I may state my views a little more often online if anything, but I don't put on a mask. I am who I am.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Can't say I'm too much different in real life. I may state my views a little more often online if anything, but I don't put up a mask online. I am who I am.

Lies. You don't speak in pink in real life.
Yes. Not that I'm not myself in real life or anything, but you guys on UG probably know me better than anybody else, sadly.
Quote by blake1221
Lies. You don't speak in pink in real life.

Yes she does.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'll say some things online that I wouldn't say in person just because I don't have the time to arrange my thoughts in a face-to-face conversation, but I won't post things that don't reflect how I feel.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Dirge Humani
I'm significantly meaner in the pit than anywhere else online, or in real life.

In fact, I should reword that I am much nicer other places because I'm so mean in here.

But you're not mean?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm mostly myself, but I don't talk to strangers in real life, and everyone on UG is a stranger to me. Nobody takes things too seriously on the internet, so I feel comfortable with that.

I hope that makes sense.
Yeah, I am just as charming and intelligent in real life.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Quote by 'Leviathan'
HOW DO YOU KNOW?!

BECAUSE YOUR VOICE DOES NOT REGISTER ON THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM!

FACE IT! YOUR INTERNET PERSONA IS A SHAM!
Quote by Dirge Humani
You don't deserve it.

But I kick minks!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
To an extent, I'm definitely not as open with my opinions in person, but that's only because I'll get beat up here. Bunch of homophobic hard ass rednecks in my area.
No I'm not

I'm shy, quiet, and lack confidence IRL
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
My personality, yes. But I don't express myself the same way in person as I do online, because most people I've met and even befriended don't care about common Pit topics (current events, moral issues, guitar, etc.), nor would they like it if I talked to them the same way I post on UG. So half and half I guess.
Quote by Primus2112
No I'm not

I'm shy, quiet, and lack confidence IRL

Actually this, I'm kind of awkward in person
I am myself online. The one difference between talking to people online and my real friends is that I (Believe it or not) am a lot more personal and am a lot more willing to talk about my problems online. Probably because everyone on the internet is a stupid f*ck and makes mistakes every once in a while, so, being part of that group myself doesn't feel too bad when I'm around others.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by UntilISleep
Actually this, I'm kind of awkward in person

I'm very awkward in person
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I'm more vulgar and perverted online.

I'm pretty easy to get along with IRL and I try to be respectful online as well.
I sometimes wish I could be more like my online self in my actual life. My personality is the same between the two with the exception that online that I'm much more talkative and I have no qualms about engaging a total stranger in conversation. In person I sometimes can't even hold a conversation with my best friend.
i'm probably more restrained on UG now for fear of PERMABAN.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Well, I'm much more open online because people irl get offended much easier, imo.
Skip the username, call me Billy
In legit discussions I'm more keen to not offend people and generally more accepting of others and their lifestyles.

In real life around my pals I'm an arrogant asshole.
I am just as boring IRL as I am on here though
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Page 1 of 3