Seriously, I've seen it pop up a couple of times here, and I just don't get it. I mean yeah, I don't think people shouldn't learn at least some standard tuning, but isn't music supposed to be one of the joyous things in life where people aren't telling you that you're doing it wrong, this is the right way, etc.? I just don't get it. If somebody can explain it to me, please, I'd be grateful.
There's a lot of hate for down tunings but you know what? I'm proud to use any down tuning and I love some of the chords and shapes you can make with it. I love standard too, and both should be utilized.

People are too critical. There's no right or wrong to music, especially a guitar tuning.
Quote by supersac
i wouldnt say hate but the tuning itself but more for the music which is played in those tunings

this
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I Can't Accept Change
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by Majin Gaara
There's a lot of hate for down tunings but you know what? I'm proud to use any down tuning and I love some of the chords and shapes you can make with it. I love standard too, and both should be utilized.

People are too critical. There's no right or wrong to music, especially a guitar tuning.

Exactly, I love standard and drop tunings, and each can be used for different things - different riffs are easier, different chords can be made, etc. People just metalcore and deathcore which tend to be the "mainstream" types of metal, which are usually played in drop tunings and don't require much skill to play (with a few exceptions).
I use standard, Eb and C. I don't really hate, but I can imagine some reasons why people are hatin on them.

- it's the music that's played in the tuning
- they love the music but their strings aren't thick enough, so they can't learn the songs unless they get new strings (ergo hate, because they're cheap-asses)

I first hated drop tunings too because of the string problem, then I bought a pack and tuned my old guitar to C ^^
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
I think drop tuning is quite efficient, and is really easy to get used to. Lower tunings (I mean REALLY low) are unnecessary. It's too low when you can't distinguish one note from the next (a concept I had to explain to my friend in his Slipknot phase - nobody could tell what he was playing because it was so low).
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Immature people on the internet, really. Most people I've met seem to really dig my drop E tuning through an excellent tube amp.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221