Page 1 of 2
Came home from the gym and started playing, i had my earbuds on full blast while i was running so my ears were propbably used to loudness. I got a note under the door from my neighbor downstairs to turn the racket down. I didnt thin i was that loud but the guy is insane and i dont want to give him a reason either.

I have my blackheart stack at the 7 watt settings on vol on 12o clock and drive at about 8ish so it wasnt that loud, i also have a fender champ 600 which is also too loud for that c*nt. Neways i am in the market for a tube amp that has a headphone out jack. So far i've found vox night train 2w, which might be a good buy for me as it is really small and a crate vintage club 20W 1x12 combo.

Ne Advise? i play bluesy stuff and i dont really mind something that deviates from that, I love fender amp tones and love my black heart, they are two amps that are on the opposite ends. I wouldnt mind an amp that sounds like either one or even something waaaay off of that. I want it to be tube because i do plan on playing it without headphones here and there but it will mainly be with headphones.

Ne suggestions?
Oh these kids and the things they do with keyboards these days.........

Line 6 POD will make all your dreams come true.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
vypyr tube
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Pay him a visit and give him a reason to fear you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by souperman08
Oh these kids and the things they do with keyboards these days.........

Line 6 POD will make all your dreams come true.

hmmm i thought about one actually... lately i have been using an m-audio fast track pro hooked up to garage band and using that but honestly... it sounds like total crap, the pod and its modulations any better? I have a fender mini tone master somewhere just cant find it... but that also sounded like absolute shit.
Quote by Cathbard

oh man i'd love to, the guy is insane. Certified, iam pretty sure he wears tinfoil hats. the guy came to our apartment at 2am saying we were playing DRUG music... everyone was asleep. He did the same thing few weeks back but brought cops, and the cops apparently walked around for 15mins and didnt hear anything but still woke us up. We've put in a harassment complaint, the thing is it was actually my fault this time, but it was 4pm... who puts in a complaint at 4pm. I dont wanna give the douche a reason to harass us further.

How does everyone feel about avt series? they seem to have headphies are are half tube driven. Any decent?

ah for the rest of my gear i have a ton of pedals: a strat plus, i love playing that thing and an epi dot studio deluxe(i think???)
Quote by bogg808
My advise, buy a larger amp and crank the **** out of it.

i have half a mind to...

i'd like to stay around 200 under $250 usd would be awesome. I am in norther NY state.
fx loop would be a plus and a cab out or extension speaker out would be a HUGE plus as well.
Quote by Cathbard

Do it

On a serious note, the blackstar hts (ht1 in your price range) have really good emulated out/headphone. All tube and it sounds alot better than other amps I've tried with headphones.

But getting something like a pod or tonelab would be ideal.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
i found an avt50h for $130, a crate club vintage 20 for 150 and a night train 2w for 150....

Whats the best one out of the 3? i am kinda leaning towards the avt right now, has everything i need and its a head.
Quote by JKHC

Do it

On a serious note, the blackstar hts (ht1 in your price range) have really good emulated out/headphone. All tube and it sounds alot better than other amps I've tried with headphones.

But getting something like a pod or tonelab would be ideal.

cant find a use ht-1 there are a few ht-20's for $300, do these have headphone outs?
u said he lives under you?

flip your 4x12 so its facing the floor.

then just move it around like that, no need for the head
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
AVT's are one of the all time worst amps. If you can't instil the "fear of the rocker" into him it's time to get a Pod and a set of headphones. Personally, I'd send the boys around to pay him a visit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
on the pistol. i have an AK47 and AR15, those are more threatening. multiple shotguns too.

but seriously a noise violation at 4pm is stupid. isn't there some form quiet time after a certain hour? after then i would understand him being pissy, but in the afternoon? wtf.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Honestly, I wouldn't give a shit. If he doesn't have the stones to knock on the door and face you why bother? Were you in the "quiet" time of the strata agreement? If you were playing within the hours he's got nothing behind him to get you to shut up.

I say stuff him and keep playing. Life's too short to let little cowardly pricks keep ruining your fun.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Your neighbor is indeed a dickhead.
But in his defense, some people do work nights and 4pm may be like 4am to him.
Get another 4x12 and crank it.
Also get an 8x15 cabinet with a bass amp.
Does he have a balcony?
If so, but some meth and toss it on his balcony. Then call the cops on him.

What you really need is a new house.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 13, 2011,
Quote by kyle62
Put your amp on a sofa or soft chair so it's not making any contact with the floor. That should make a huge difference.

This is actually really good advice.

But other than that... I'm inclined to go with "screw him". I mean... if you are playing at moderate (TV?) volumes, then there's nothing anyone can really do to you, is there?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
In some states there are certain times that loud noise is permitted, but as soon as someone complains and calls the cops, it doesn't matter what time it is. It's bullshit, but that's the way the cops will handle it.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
protip, don't listen to headphones on full whack, you'll be deaf by 25.
What's the noise ordinance in your area? As long as you're not being absolutely unreasonable with the volume (and we're talking a full-blast, arena show level volume), if you're not in violation of any "quiet hours" there's absolutely nothing that arsehole can do.

Also, I'd combat his douchebaggery with the ol' flaming bag o' poo on the doorstep.

EDIT:
For the right price, these fine folks might just "make your problems disappear."

I know what you're thinking. And no, I have no clue what purpose the bird serves in their operation.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Dec 13, 2011,
To add to what CodeMonk (sorry, but I don't feel comfortable calling you Rob) said, he might work nights. My dad did that (and still does) to blah blah blah money blah blah bills blah blah blah. Also keep in mind that some people don't want to be reminded that they're too poor to afford their own home. I hate being able to hear my neighbors hack-spit in the morning and smoke while taking a dump.

Have you tried talking to the guy to figure out the problem? Sure, it's easy to call him a coward for the note, but you're complaining about him on the internet. Forgive me if you've taken pro-active steps in the real world, but a one-on-one, adult conversation might help.

If that doesn't work, go all-out and hire someone from Blackwater. Make sure to secretly expose your help to Agent Orange the second the work is complete, as well as several hallucinogens. If he asks why his water suddenly tastes like the sound of a purple church bell, drive him out of state and ditch him. Problems solved.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by DanTheHobbit

Have you tried talking to the guy to figure out the problem? Sure, it's easy to call him a coward for the note, but you're complaining about him on the internet. Forgive me if you've taken pro-active steps in the real world, but a one-on-one, adult conversation might help.

Like i said this is the 4th time he has come up, usually he knocks and goes bezerk on us. He brought cops the last time, the cops told him there was no noise they cant do anything. He usually comes up past 10pm and always knocks on the door and then goes insane on us. I have tried talking to him but, i cant get 2 words in before "i have lived here for 32 ****ing years and you ****ing kids and ur drugs blah blah blah" Havent smoked once in this apartment. Its never us that makes noise, like i said we are usually sleeping when he has a fit, but this time it was me. I am just afraid that he will call the cops again while i am playing my guitar.

I just cant seem to catch a break, the last apartment i was in i had to leave because the man downstairs was beating his wife and the cries and screams got a little loud. When we talked to them about it we were told to stay out, next when we called the cops at 4am the woman downstairs apparently was already in trouble with child services, and now they were going to re-evaluate her situation. We had to move because we started getting threats.
Quote by Seanthesheep
Call the cops on him?

we did... thats why the note and no more banging on the door.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
on the pistol. i have an AK47 and AR15, those are more threatening. multiple shotguns too.

but seriously a noise violation at 4pm is stupid. isn't there some form quiet time after a certain hour? after then i would understand him being pissy, but in the afternoon? wtf.

Its non-existent where I live. (MD in the US.) There's no such thing as a noise complaint before 11 pm. As long as you're not having an event large enough to require a permit (like a band in your yard) then there's legally nothing anyone can do.

I say you show this guy what loud is. Spend a few weeks straight playing full bore anytime you get a chance during the day... Then when he comes to complain and brings cops etc. you're in the right. Then after a few weeks of that, go down and say 'how about I play at the volumes I used to and you don't call the ****ing cops anymore?'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by CodeMonk

Does he have a balcony?
If so, but some meth and toss it on his balcony. Then call the cops on him.

this is by far the best advise yet. I like the way this guy thinks. But if your having trouble tracking down a sack of Meth, which if your town is anything like mine, you shouldn't. I would suggest getting an amp stand if you don't already have one. I don't know if your amp is just sitting flat on the floor, but if it is, that probably has a lot to do with it. ..and the fact that he's a complete douchebag has a bit to do with it as well.
Quote by bogg808
My advise, buy a larger amp and crank the **** out of it.

This

But only do it in small intervals, so when he brings the cops, they have nothing to report.

Epic troll in real life!

Do it for teh lulz. FOR TEH LULZ!!!

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Bedroom volume and tube amp doesnt go together IMO ( i tried almost everything ).. at least not for an appartement or whisper volume where someone sleep in the next room .

now much modeler well are .. modeler and the cheaper in the 200 $ range plainly suck IMO . never found something that sound outstanding our of them .

I play with headphone at home 100 % of the time . the best i found yet to use with headphone is the rocktron vooduvalve preamp .. for headphone purpose this is the only thing that sound great "not too compressed " ( oyu know that headphone feeling when you play guitar with ) .

playing with heapdhone is garbage in 95 % of the modeler ( vypyr , microcube , cube , valvetornix etc.. ) because the Cab simulation is not good . the cab sim on the voodu valve is outstanding .

glad i found that piece of gear . can be use later if i have a band and give great sound + perfect headphone bedroom amp .

another you can try is hook up a solid state amp to a your 4x12 and play really low . i had my microcube stripped down and plugged into my marshall 4x12 . gave like .5 watts of sound . enough for whisper bedroom volume .

playing with heapdhone s*** but with the voodu valve its just very decent if not good .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 13, 2011,
Since you're playing through your headphones most of the time anyway, look into amp sims and speaker simulations.

I used to use some lepou sims. http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/ Make sure you get the AU ones for Garageband. They're in the column on the right towards the bottom.

Then get LAconvolver to load impulses. http://audio.lernvall.com/

I don't remember where I got all my impulses but I know that redwire has some free ones. Just look up speaker cab impulse responses on google there are a bunch out there.

In Garageband make a new basic track and under edit, select an amp sim in one of the effect slots, and in the next slot select LAconvolver. Double click on the little orange thing for laconvolver to edit it and select the impulse response you want to use.

I did this for awhile and got pretty good results, but eventually started using the line out of my amps and using the impulse response for recording. It is possible to get really good sounds using amp sims and IRs it just takes some research.
People usually give me a massive shit-ton of shit when I bring this up, but in your situation, this 120% applies:

Sell your amps and get a Pod HD of some model, and a set of high-end Sennheiser headphones. You clearly have an asshole neighbor that has no tolerance whatsoever to start with, but now that he knows that you have a guitar amplifier, it's now going to make him paranoid as fucking hell, and you are at least 20x more likely to not just get a complaint, but have the police called on you as well.

Unless you want an eviction headed your way, get rid of the amps. That or move. This guy is not, and I repeat, NOT the one to be fucked with.

...And people constantly try to tell me neighbors like this don't exist. Bullshit.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Dec 13, 2011,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
People usually give me a massive shit-ton of shit when I bring this up, but in your situation, this 120% applies:

Sell your amps and get a Pod HD of some model, and a set of high-end Sennheiser headphones. You clearly have an asshole neighbor that has no tolerance whatsoever to start with, but now that he knows that you have a guitar amplifier, it's now going to make him paranoid as fucking hell, and you are at least 20x more likely to not just get a complaint, but have the police called on you as well.

Unless you want an eviction headed your way, get rid of the amps. That or move. This guy is not, and I repeat, NOT the one to be fucked with.

...And people constantly try to tell me neighbors like this don't exist. Bullshit.

First of all, I don't think you know the definition of paranoid.

Second, getting the cops called on you is only an issue when you are breaking the law. Playing loudly during the day is not breaking the law in my city. You can play as loud as you like until 11 pm perfectly legally.

Lastly, eviction is a completely seperate issue from this. You don't get evicted by neighbors or police, you get evicted by your landlord, assuming you're a renter. Again, no law broken means no police action so no recourse for the landlord either.

I find it a little funny that you're so quick to give lessons on neighbors and rental policies considering you are most definitely in high school, living with your parents.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Ian_the_fox

i am just as paranoid as this guy and have half a mind to do just this. I am going to look into a nice amp stand and if he still continues to be a dick than so be it, nothing i can do, i'll just get a pod 2.0, already have very good headphones.
Quote by tubetime86
First of all, I don't think you know the definition of paranoid.
Classic metal hit from 1970. Arguably one of the most influential songs in metal of all time. Amirite?

Quote by tubetime86
Second, getting the cops called on you is only an issue when you are breaking the law. Playing loudly during the day is not breaking the law in my city. You can play as loud as you like until 11 pm perfectly legally.
Congratulations to you. You live in a utopian society where man is good to one another.

TS apparently doesn't, and neither do I. Since the neighbor already called the cops on him once, and probably will do it again when his undies get in a tight enough wad.

Quote by tubetime86
Lastly, eviction is a completely seperate issue from this. You don't get evicted by neighbors or police, you get evicted by your landlord, assuming you're a renter. Again, no law broken means no police action so no recourse for the landlord either.
If you read the rest of the TS's posts, you will see that the asshole neighbor has lived in that complex for over 30 years. Chances are, he as a good buttbuddy relationship with the landlord, and could easily talk him into throwing him out. Exact thing happened to the other guitarist from my old band. He had a 30w SS practice amp, bitch neighbor saw it, he started getting complaints when he barely got to even play it (he said 30min total when he was living there). Landlord eventually called said to him if she received one more complaint, he's out. Surely enough, it happened, and he was out. Apparently both the landlord and his neighbor went to the same church, one's son goes to school with the others son, etc.

Some have said I might not be getting the full story. But if you knew who the crazy bitches that I'm referring to in the story were, you'd probably agree that they are crazy bitches, and that's what the TS's neighbor has just proven himself as: a crazy bitch.

Quote by tubetime86
I find it a little funny that you're so quick to give lessons on neighbors and rental policies considering you are most definitely in high school, living with your parents.
College student, actually. But your right about me living with my parents. Going to a local community college, planning on transferring after 2 years, etc. And the topic of this thread is one of the many reasons I chose to stay and go to a local community college instead of go straight to a 4 year school: being allowed to play guitar through the gear I wish and not having to worry about dickweeds next door preventing me from playing as I wish. Sure, not all neighbors are that way, but it's not worth the risk. And since when was this thread about rental policy anyway? I thought it was about asshole neighbors, and I don't need experience to know what those are.

I find it really funny how you must think that you're just so cool following me around where I post with excessive attempts to demote all post credibility from me with any advice that I give, whether it is right or inaccurate, especially with the attitude you present with it. Seriously, you make yourself look like an idiot with the constant "HAHA STOOPID NOOB KID WHO DONT NO WHAT T00BS R." I own 2 tube amps, one of them I modded (although it didn't really do shit, good experience though), also retubed 3 others that belonged to others. Me, stupid n00b who doesn't know what tubes are? I wouldn't particularly say so.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Dec 13, 2011,
I've been in a similar situation, but it was way dumber. We used to practice at our singers house, on almost 4 acres. You can shoot guns open 2 stroke dirt bikes all day and night, but band practice at 1pm on a Sunday after noon was to much for his neighbors. We recived 3 noise complaints in 3 practices and the Sherrif said if he had to come out 1 more time it would be a $76 ticket!

Some people have nothing better to do than make other people miserable ....just like them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I've been in a similar situation, but it was way dumber. We used to practice at our singers house, on almost 4 acres. You can shoot guns open 2 stroke dirt bikes all day and night, but band practice at 1pm on a Sunday after noon was to much for his neighbors. We recived 3 noise complaints in 3 practices and the Sherrif said if he had to come out 1 more time it would be a $76 ticket!

Some people have nothing better to do than make other people miserable ....just like them.

HAHAHA been there too i used to live in the country and my neighbor would shoot his shotgun in the back. I was shooting a pellet rifle on cans onetime and his wife called the coppers on me. I was 13 at the time, the lady was a huge busy body. Kept a watch on my and my sister 24/7.
wow think i read the most stupidest comment here .

you dont wanna go into a war with your neighbor . he can complaint for noise anytime to the police or landlord and even stop paying his rent to the landlord to make pressure to the landlord . if hes been there for 30 years , chance are the young guitarist will be kicked out way before the 30+ years renter .

part in living in community , appartment , complex is that your not alone and need to respect the other folks

and you dont wanna start a fight . a fight youll lose at 99 % . nobody will let you play your amp loud without complaining , not gonna happen in other place either .

you live in an apaprtement play at 0.5 watt or with headphone .

i live with my parents and my brothers and my guitar has never been a source of complaint . i play with headphones .

sorry but people doesnt seem to have a sense of respect .

if id had a neighbor who wouldnt care and blast his guitar and the landlord do nothing i stop paying rent .

and yes the time of the day make no difference . not everyone work 9 to 5 and sleep at 11 .

guys start being ass and learn some manners and respect . yes tube amp sound great cranked but if you liv ein a appartmeent , forget it .

** but yes it seem nowadays people have no tolerance at all for noise vs in the 70's 80's . now a litlle noise and its a complaint .

pod Hd and plug some heapdhone .. or buy a house in the suburb with the next neighbors at 5 miles ans cranked it as you want .

Your rights stops where other people rights begin .

Because you play guitar doesnt mean the neighbors has to "deal with it "
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 13, 2011,
Slip a note under HIS door saying, "Go screw yourself". Continue playing as normal.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Classic metal hit from 1970. Arguably one of the most influential songs in metal of all time. Amirite?

Congratulations to you. You live in a utopian society where man is good to one another.

TS apparently doesn't, and neither do I. Since the neighbor already called the cops on him once, and probably will do it again when his undies get in a tight enough wad.

If you read the rest of the TS's posts, you will see that the asshole neighbor has lived in that complex for over 30 years. Chances are, he as a good buttbuddy relationship with the landlord, and could easily talk him into throwing him out. Exact thing happened to the other guitarist from my old band. He had a 30w SS practice amp, bitch neighbor saw it, he started getting complaints when he barely got to even play it (he said 30min total when he was living there). Landlord eventually called said to him if she received one more complaint, he's out. Surely enough, it happened, and he was out. Apparently both the landlord and his neighbor went to the same church, one's son goes to school with the others son, etc.

Some have said I might not be getting the full story. But if you knew who the crazy bitches that I'm referring to in the story were, you'd probably agree that they are crazy bitches, and that's what the TS's neighbor has just proven himself as: a crazy bitch.

College student, actually. But your right about me living with my parents. Going to a local community college, planning on transferring after 2 years, etc. And the topic of this thread is one of the many reasons I chose to stay and go to a local community college instead of go straight to a 4 year school: being allowed to play guitar through the gear I wish and not having to worry about dickweeds next door preventing me from playing as I wish. Sure, not all neighbors are that way, but it's not worth the risk. And since when was this thread about rental policy anyway? I thought it was about asshole neighbors, and I don't need experience to know what those are.

I find it really funny how you must think that you're just so cool following me around where I post with excessive attempts to demote all post credibility from me with any advice that I give, whether it is right or inaccurate, especially with the attitude you present with it. Seriously, you make yourself look like an idiot with the constant "HAHA STOOPID NOOB KID WHO DONT NO WHAT T00BS R." I own 2 tube amps, one of them I modded (although it didn't really do shit, good experience though), also retubed 3 others that belonged to others. Me, stupid n00b who doesn't know what tubes are? I wouldn't particularly say so.

Well you missed the whole point of my post, but I'm on my phone and don't feel like typing a book like you did.

I just wanted to say that I'm not following you, I just see your posts and they are always full of misconceptions and half truths. Your 'credentials' mean nothing to me because I've read your posts. You know little about tube amps and less about housing issues, yet you post often on both topics.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Page 1 of 2