http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIb_hDOuiok

its not perfect, i know the vocals are a little shaky, i somehow recorded the bass wrong because its all distorted, and the drums kinda go off beat a few times, but thats why i'm not a professional musician lol so i figured i'd share it with you guys anyways. enjoy!
Sounds pretty good! I guess I'll go over everything...

Vocals: They were a bit shaky, but overall they weren't too bad. I loved the harmony at the end of the choruses from the second one on (I don't think you did all 3 in the first chorus, I could be wrong though)... The last third and fifth verses were definitely the strongest, but it was pretty well done. The vocals might have been a bit too prominent in the mix, but like you said, it's hard to get that stuff right without being a professional musician. 7/10

Guitar: I loved what you did with the guitar licks... Most of them were well played and fit well in the context of the song (Especially the part at around 3:29... Mind if I steal it? lol). The only things I noticed were the licks at right around 1:58 and again 3:00... Both sounded a bit weird, but they didn't take away from the overall performance. Tone was great, I also liked the little acoustic licks you played. Would you mind sharing your gear? 9/10

Bass and Drums: I'm not a drummer or a bassist, but everything sounded good... I didn't notice either of the things you mentioned, so that's good I guess. 10/10 (Although again, you might want to get a real drummer/bassist to review that)

It's missing the piano though :/

Critique mine? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG67QUG-FeA
Quote by nowinterweather
Sounds pretty good! I guess I'll go over everything...

Vocals: They were a bit shaky, but overall they weren't too bad. I loved the harmony at the end of the choruses from the second one on (I don't think you did all 3 in the first chorus, I could be wrong though)... The last third and fifth verses were definitely the strongest, but it was pretty well done. The vocals might have been a bit too prominent in the mix, but like you said, it's hard to get that stuff right without being a professional musician. 7/10

Guitar: I loved what you did with the guitar licks... Most of them were well played and fit well in the context of the song (Especially the part at around 3:29... Mind if I steal it? lol). The only things I noticed were the licks at right around 1:58 and again 3:00... Both sounded a bit weird, but they didn't take away from the overall performance. Tone was great, I also liked the little acoustic licks you played. Would you mind sharing your gear? 9/10

Bass and Drums: I'm not a drummer or a bassist, but everything sounded good... I didn't notice either of the things you mentioned, so that's good I guess. 10/10 (Although again, you might want to get a real drummer/bassist to review that)

It's missing the piano though :/

Critique mine? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG67QUG-FeA

thanks for the review! i know exactly which licks your talking about that sounded weird, i kind of stopped paying attention and played out of key for a second, but since its not a professional recording i didn't feel like fixing it lol, and i know its missing the piano :/ i'm not all that great at piano so i didn't bother to learn it for this song, thats why i added the lead guitar part, to kind of fill in for it, but i wish i could play the actual piano part because it adds a lot to this song i think. and maybe the bass thing was just something weird going on with my speakers, it just didn't sound right at certain points in the song..oh and feel free to steal any of the guitar licks haha

as for the guitar gear, i played an american fender strat played through a clean setting on an egnater rebel-20, with a little reverb added from the 8-track i was using. as for the acoustic, its some type of franciscan, im not sure what kind but nothing fancy.

thanks again, and ill be sure to check out your video!