I have seen a couple posts pop up on a different forum with people buying up Lovepedals. Does anyone here have any of them? What are/were your opinions? I have seen a lot of them on ebay and various music sites but haven't looked into them too much as of yet.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
They make the Les Lius, which is among the most awesome OD/distortion pedals ever made. Pickle Vibe's okay. Otherwise...eh.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Terrible ethics, shady history, meh pedals other than the Eternity. Is the other forum The Gear Page? Honestly, don't believe a thing you read over there. Even if it's from me.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^ lol at the tgp reference

probably is
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Lovepedal Eternity is one of their most popular pedals, don't know too much about the rest. The Amp 11 also seems to get a lot of good reviews.
Quote by mmolteratx
Terrible ethics, shady history, meh pedals other than the Eternity. Is the other forum The Gear Page? Honestly, don't believe a thing you read over there. Even if it's from me.

ha ha no not The Gear Page. I saw a bunch of new Lovepedal purchases on the fender forum and wondered if they were good or not. I am relativly new to the Pedal world and am always trying to gather info on new discoveries (new to me... not new to the guitar world). I spend countless hours watching reviews on youtube looking at pedals. As they are a fairly big monitary investment i want to do my homework and make sure that my pedalboard is well thought out rather than just a casserole of expensive mess.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
What are you looking for in an OD pedal? There are a bunch of options that will get you something similar to the Lovepedals, though it may not be what you're looking for.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
What are you looking for in an OD pedal? There are a bunch of options that will get you something similar to the Lovepedals, though it may not be what you're looking for.

mojostompboxes.com
Quote by denied
They get a lot of hate around here.

I had a Kanji for a while and it was incredible for smooth OD. I kinda want another one.

That said I pulled it open, and it looked stupidly simple for a $180 pedal. Giant ripoff.

As are most boutique pedals. Some of the best boutique brands that aren't stupidly expensive would be CMATMODS, Gearmanndude, Barber Electronics, Fulltone and Wilson Effects. I can't see how spending $349 on a Rockbox Boiling Point when there are plenty of people that make clones that are if not so similar it doesn't matter or even better. But people buy them anyways. As far a Lovepedal I don't think they can be as controversial as Freekish Blues Alpha Dog. Plenty of people here in Australia and other places make awesome cheap clones of these famous pedals just got to ask around.
this is something i made, its a COT style thing but with better parts..

mojostompboxes.com
Quote by ibanart300
As are most boutique pedals. Some of the best boutique brands that aren't stupidly expensive would be CMATMODS, Gearmanndude, Barber Electronics, Fulltone and Wilson Effects. I can't see how spending $349 on a Rockbox Boiling Point when there are plenty of people that make clones that are if not so similar it doesn't matter or even better. But people buy them anyways. As far a Lovepedal I don't think they can be as controversial as Freekish Blues Alpha Dog. Plenty of people here in Australia and other places make awesome cheap clones of these famous pedals just got to ask around.

And? Yes, most boutique stuff is junk, mainly because TGP is dumb.

I'd throw all kinds of money at Diamond and Jam Pedals though.
Quote by denied
And? Yes, most boutique stuff is junk, mainly because TGP is dumb.

I'd throw all kinds of money at Diamond and Jam Pedals though.

JAM is pretty good yeah, still nothing too special component/build wise.
mojostompboxes.com
i do plan on making a few clones myself when i get back home. I am pretty good with electronics and soldering. You will notice most of my posts are in future tense because i am in S. Korea until February (been here for a year). i have quite a pile of new gear waiting for me back home. That is why i am just looking at different pedals and what they can do. i have not run my new amp through its paces and i have also not played 3 of my new guitars through said new amp. I have a few general "must have" pedals picked out but after that i am just looking at what is out there.
i know some have asked if i am looking for an overdrive pedal specifically. My short answer is i am not sure. As i have not played my new amp with my guitars i am not sure what is needed and what isn't. I have a dunlop wah and am pretty set on an Aqua puss and dunlop fuzz but other than that i am just kinda looking and shopping. There is some really cool stuff out there, i just need to spend my money wisely and i figured the more i research now the better choices i will make when i get back home.

TL;DR... not sure what i need, just kinda asking about different pedals because knowledge is power.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by greeny23
JAM is pretty good yeah, still nothing too special component/build wise.

I have no idea what's in my waterfall, I just know that mix engineers shit their pants when they hear its vibrato. That's worth all kinda of my money.

The circuit is gooped, I have no idea what's actually in it, but definitely looks a long shot from lovepedal. That Kanji actually felt stupidly light when you picked it up.
Quote by denied
I have no idea what's in my waterfall, I just know that mix engineers shit their pants when they hear its vibrato. That's worth all kinda of my money.

The circuit is gooped, I have no idea what's actually in it, but definitely looks a long shot from lovepedal. That Kanji actually felt stupidly light when you picked it up.

Bet you $10000000000 it's a CE-2 variant.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by denied
I don't have that kind of money

Is the schem public? I really doubt it. If so, it sounds nothing like a CE-2. They managed to get rid of all the cheese, it's a very articulate chorus

No, but based on the feature set and from what I've heard, it sounds a lot like some popular CE-2 mods to my ears. Similar to my Providence but the Providence is smaller and doesn't have a vibrato mode. They have the same open highs though and aren't as ridiculously 80s sounding as most chorus pedals.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

+1 to the Eternity! I'm pretty sure the Kanji is a version of the Eternity with a couple tweaks. If I was gonna pick up another dirt pedal right now it'd be one of those 2.

The Amp 11 looks really cool but I haven't gotten to try it so I can't really say.

I'm interested in the 100000 other boutique pedal builders that have been mentioned. If you wanna be sure though, pretty much my experience has been, you can't go wrong with Keeley. The downfall is $$ but most of them are a lot less than the Boiling Point.
well how much money are we talking here?

i paid about 125 for my lovepedal tremolo and love it. everything else was in the 100ish range and i went with the better company IMO.

build quality is solid, solent switching, appears to be true bypass with no tone suck, solid tone for the price i paid. they are definitely a step up from 99% of the junk you see in most music store racks including gitar center and sam ash.

however go after the one/pedal, not the company. so there thousands of companys that make overdrives and such. there are not too much affordable tremolo pedals that are not just the same old typical junk. i wanted nice but not over 150.
Quote by denied
I don't have that kind of money

Is the schem public? I really doubt it. If so, it sounds nothing like a CE-2. They managed to get rid of all the cheese, it's a very articulate chorus

I emailed JAM pedals earlier this year when I got mine and Jannis confirmed that it was based off the first version CE-2.

From what I remember, definately sounded similar to my MIJ CE-2.