Page 1 of 9
Well, would you?

I know there are quite a few UG albums going on at the moment, but we'll take it slow and stuff. There are lots of hip hop fans on UG, so if you wanna make a song, this is an opportune moment.

Guidelines/FAQ

There is no deadline for this. I'm thinking of a mid-2012 release, but we'll probably end up going beyond that.

You will need to submit a 320 kbps MP3 file [preferably encoded with the latest LAME] or a lossless file like WAV or FLAC.

You must have a unique artist name. This means your username isn't sufficient. Some of us scrobble UG albums to Last.FM, so having "dirty" tags is kinda annoying. However, if your username is something like chaoticfables or NothingRocks, you can modify it to Chaotic Fables or Nothing Rocks, and it'll be some cool shit.

Collaborations are an integral part of hip hop, so if you wanna collaborate with your fellow Pit Monkeys, please do so.

You can do absolutely any sort of hip hop you want to. It can be trip hop, instrumental, conscious, alternative, gangsta, club/party, grime, jazz rap, anything that is even remotely hip hop. Here's a long list of hip hop subgenres.

Sampling is cool, and you can sample to your heart's content. Just don't mention your sources so that we don't get bullied by our corporatebros.

Covers aren't cool because we wanna promote original works. inb4 sampling isn't original, lulz.

If you wanna participate in the album, send me a PM detailing the following:

I am interested in producing for others: Yes/No

I am interested in rapping/singing for others: Yes/No/Rapping Only/Singing Only

I am interested in collaborating with others: Yes/No

If you have any other questions, post in this thread, and I'll answer your question.

A List Of People Who Are Willing To Collaborate And Shit

Legend

P - Interested in producing for others
V - Interested in rapping/singing for others
R - Interested in rapping for others
S - Interested in singing for others
C - Interested in otherwise collaborating with others

hriday_hazarika: PVC
Mack56: PVC
NothingRocks: Lonely, I am so lonely, I have nobody to call my own
GuitarGod_92: VC
WishfulShredder: PC
unet: PC
So-Cal: PC
Jon777: SC
Primus2112: C
captaincrunk: PRC
rocknrollstar: PVC
AvengedFoghat: R
Alexishxc1337: P
korinaflyingv: P
Mr.Pink101: VC
bastards: PC
mental_zer0: PC
Saint78: R
chaoticfables: P
willT08: RC
Phantom14: PVC
whoomit: VC
G.R.: PC
cambo187: PC
ultrasonic: PC
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at May 15, 2012,
Ahhhhh I want to do this as well but I absolutely suck at making hip-hop plus I can't do vocals

Anyway, this is the best I can do so far
Quote by NothingRocks
Does it have to have vocals or can it be an instrumental?

I think vocals are rather instrumental (lol) to hip-hop, but if someone was down to collab, you could probably submit something.
Quote by NothingRocks
Does it have to have vocals or can it be an instrumental?

Whatever you like.

I'm using the term "hip hop" because it's the simplest term available. You can basically do absolutely anything that falls under the umbrella hip hop. Instrumental stuff, trip hop, club/party hip hop, conscious hip hop, gangsta hip hop, grime... you get the idea.
Quote by blake1221
I think vocals are rather instrumental (lol) to hip-hop, but if someone was down to collab, you could probably submit something.

I was thinking of doing some more Nujabes-like and doing instrumental hip-hop. But if I need vocals, I'll gladly do a collab.
Man, this album is gonna end up being 70% instrumental. Anyway, hriday, I have a couple of beats I need to finish so I may make a new track for this. That or I'll make my current actual song better quality. We'll see.

Edit - Honestly with the way this thing looks like it's shaping up, I might just jack somebody's track and use it. Seems I'll have a lot of choices.
Last edited by Mack56 at Dec 13, 2011,
Now this is something I'd love to hear.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by NothingRocks
I was thinking of doing some more Nujabes-like and doing instrumental hip-hop. But if I need vocals, I'll gladly do a collab.

If Nujabes-style is okay, I'll think about doing this!
I can freestyle like a motherfucker but my accent makes it sound goofy as shit. Passing on it, but will keep close watch on it.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I can freestyle like a motherfucker but my accent makes it sound goofy as shit. Passing on it, but will keep close watch on it.

Can't be worse than UK rap.
Quote by blake1221

Fair point, but that isn't exactly comforting.

Have you ever heard a Canadian? We don't make good rappers.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

This is the only canadian rapper I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oerZyuYeMnY

Needless to say, you owe it to yourself and your country to come out and represent
I've updated the OP with a FAQ of sorts. Hopefully, that'll answer the preliminary questions.

An important thing we need to address is the concept of sampling. Just because this will be a free album doesn't mean we can do as we please. We're still using the UG banner, after all. Granted, we probably won't be targeted by anyone since we're a big bunch of lonely wimps, but still.

Thoughts on this?
Would love to do something for this. Been experimenting with glitch hop, would be very willing to work closer to actual hip-hop.

I'm also down to produce tracks/beats for those who are interested in rapping.
Quote by mental_zer0
Would love to do something for this. Been experimenting with glitch hop, would be very willing to work closer to actual hip-hop.

I'm also down to produce tracks/beats for those who are interested in rapping.

You can do glitch hop, if that's what you want. Anything related to hip hop is cool.
Quote by Mack56
This is the only canadian rapper I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oerZyuYeMnY

Needless to say, you owe it to yourself and your country to come out and represent

Let me clarify. My Canadian accent doesn't lend itself well to rapping.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Programs are for fakers.

Use dat beatboxer, son.

I wish I were mastamic sometimes too, Hriday
No lie, I make my shit with Fruity Loops. I just usually rerout out of that to Reaper for mixing because I don't like FL's mixer layout.

That and recording vocals into Fruity Loops was a pain in the ass for me.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Let me clarify. My Canadian accent doesn't lend itself well to rapping.

What I mean is, there's no way you can be as bad as that guy.
Last edited by Mack56 at Dec 13, 2011,
Quote by Mack56
No lie, I make my shit with Fruity Loops. I just usually rerout out of that to Reaper for mixing because I don't like FL's mixer layout.

That and recording vocals into Fruity Loops was a pain in the ass for me.

What I mean is, there's no way you can be as bad as that guy.

I didn't watch the video, im not pausing my busdriver for your faggy shit

and comic saaaaaans
I would love to do a collab with someone if they needed someone to rap for their beat. I'm really only in the mood to do an upbeat song though.

Quote by blake1221
I think vocals are rather instrumental (lol) to rap, but if someone was down to collab, you could probably submit something.

Ftfy.

Quote by blake1221

Someone has obviously never listened to Dub FX and his crew.

Quote by Thrashtastic15

Are you kidding me? Canada has an extraordinary hip-hop scene. Some of the best battlers in the world are Canadians. Christ man, do some research before making false claims.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Are you kidding me? Canada has an extraordinary hip-hop scene. Some of the best battlers in the world are Canadians. Christ man, do some research before making false claims.

Pretty sure I know that Canada has a fine rap scene. I meant people who have incredibly thick Canadian accents don't tend to make teh best rappers due to the nature of the accent. Shove a stick up your ass and read what I clarified a couple posts after as you jack off to cartoon little girls
Quote by Thrashtastic15
jack off to cartoon little girls

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Yay, interest! I still haven't seen a single post with thoughts about the sampling issue, though. To sample or not to sample?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Pretty sure I know that Canada has a fine rap scene. I meant people who have incredibly thick Canadian accents don't tend to make teh best rappers due to the nature of the accent. Shove a stick up your ass and read what I clarified a couple posts after as you jack off to cartoon little girls

I hate children, bro. I'm like the only non-pedophile in that whole thread. It's hell.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I hate children, bro. I'm like the only non-pedophile in that whole thread. It's hell.

How can you hate children? What else do you hate, puppies? Flowers? Cheesecake? World peace?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
How can you hate children? What else do you hate, puppies? Flowers? Cheesecake? World peace?

No, I still like all of those things.

I just have no desire to be around or have children.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
No, I still like all of those things.

I just have no desire to be around or have children.

They should ban you from that thread, you clearly don't belong. You're like a Panthers fan in the nhl thread.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

It's such torture to willingly return to a thread again and again.
If anyone needs vocals for their instrumental you can email me at J.StevensUnderground@gmail.com I have samples that I can direct you do if you'd like to hear me first. Other than that I'll more than likely submit something for this, depending on how it sits on the schedule with my other projects.