Im getting a bass for christmas, alas, its a used bass guitar. Its cheap, I picked it out myself and its paint is chipped and it needs a refinish. I just repainted my ibanez guitar, all I did was paint it black and add some red stripes. Nothin too "cool". So im gonna repaint this bass as well. I saw in the GB&C gallery this guitar that was painted with fishnet over it, it was really cool.
So I got to thinkin, what other "odd" ideas like this could applied to give it a unique texture? Ive been thinking for hours about it, and cant come up with anything. So Im asking you GB&C, you creative bastards. (in a good way)
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Anything. But I personally don't like guitars with a piece of art on the body, like the Dave Mustaine sigs, only exception is the razorback explosion. But I like guitars with some kind of obscure paintjob, so it really doesn't picture anything, but looks cool.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
**** paint, use stickers.

Go down to you're local music venue/music store and find all the band(s that you like) stickers you can, stick them bad boys on your bass!
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.

I saw an episode of "Pimp My Ride" where the guy painted over his Grandma's old lace curtains. Looked pretty cool, but I guess it's basically the same as painting over fishnet. You can use grating, tools anything. Get a board and try painting on that to see what effect it makes.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
first one is, although the top coat has been attacked with a blow torch or a paint stripper to make it crack
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
1. paint a solid color
2. fishnet tights over guitar
3. light spray of an other color
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Quote by GABarrie
first one is, although the top coat has been attacked with a blow torch or a paint stripper to make it crack

looks more like leather to me, look at the grey edges.
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
99.9% sure its cracked nitro
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
ok, then a typo on my end. I think u get what i mean now though.

reminds me of the cort curbow mystic ice basses.

try mixing some paint really thick, apply a generous coat then blot it with a towel/sponge/something textured.
apply a coat then lay plastic wrap or something over it messily (shoot for alot of bubbles and creases and folds. then peel off

not sure how these ideas will come out, just came up with em off the top of my head or in art class

also that iceman is sweeet was gonna do something similar to my sg.

EDIT: if you have acess to one, you might consider sandblasting the body (a la warwick's vampyre BO dark lord) then painting it with black or something and rubbing it off so it stays in the grooves from the sandblasting.

im not exactly sure how one would sandblast wood successfully or what media to use in the blaster but might be worth looking into
Last edited by SGRocker400 at Dec 13, 2011,
that sounds like a cool idea. alas, no access to a sand blaster. And the towel and plastic wrap idea is very interesting