As the title says, I'm trying to find some more bands to listen to. think ya'll could help me out with this? give me what you got!
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
You'll need to be a little more specific, punk has a million and one sub-genres and recommending say Refused might not be your bag if you're looking for something poppier like The Queers for example.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
just anything punk and ska. i like it all
streetlight manifesto

favorite band already man
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
Best Ska Punk band ever is Sublime.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Alright then some of my favourites are as follows:

Propagandhi - Prefer their later material but if you like bands like Nofx and Lagwagon you'll enjoy their first couple of records too, their later stuff is alot heavier and more progressive.

Slapstick/The Broadways/Lawrence Arms/Alkaline Trio/The Falcon - All share the same basic core members but each band brings something complely different to the table.

None More Black/Kid Dynamite - Again share members but Kid Dynamite have a slightlier hardcore/street punk sound to None More Blacks more melodic pop/skate-punk sound.

The Unseen/Casualties/Clit 45/Cheap Sex - Crust punk, alout of shouty shouting and being PUNX! but i enjoy it for what it is.

Leftover crack/Choking Victim/Morning Glory/INDK/Star f*cking Hipsters - Again all share basic bands members but sound varies from band to band though usualy the key element is ska-core they also use elements of metal,pop-punk, Street punk,Crust and so on.

Dropkick Murphys/Flogging Molly/Real McKenzies/Street Dogs/The Tossers - Here we have your typical Celtic punk each with their own little twist.

Nofx/Lagwagon/Screaching Weasel/The Queers/Whole Wheat Bread - Skate/pop-punk here some with a hardcore edge in earlier recordings moving towards cleaner vocals and better production later in career.

I'll leave it at that for now, if you like any of these bands and want to know more similar bands just drop me a message ai hope this was somewhat helpful.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Last edited by alkalineweeman at Dec 13, 2011,
Millencolin
Title Fight
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Bad Brains, Black Flag, The Ramones, Adolescents, The Descendents, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, The Raped, Agent Orange, Discharge, The Damned, The Ergs, External Menace, Major Accident, Forces Of Evil, The Havoc, The Infested, Insane Time, Leftover Crack, Star ****ing Hipsters, Choking Victim, Dead Kennedys, Jello Biafra And The Guantanamo School..., MDC, The Misfits, Angry Samoans, Gang Green, No Cash, No Choice Left, No Use For A Name, The Exploited, The Ruts, Subhumans, Crass, Conflict, Untitled Musical Project, Chron Gen, Circle Jerks, Dirty Pretty Things, The Libertines, Dead End Job, Disclose, GBH, Ghetto Blaster, Intro5pect, Krlja, Lunatic Fringe, Living Dred etc.

I hope thats somewhat helpfull for you, a good mix of obvious choices and some lesser known bands.
Do You Want To See My Cotton Panties?
Last edited by SumFX at Dec 13, 2011,
yeah, you seem to have missed the recommendations thread at the top of the page.

and did someone here call the Casualties and Cheap Sex crust?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Fugazi
Sleater-Kinney
Jawbreaker
Minutemen
Wire
Television
The Velvet Underground
Can
My Bloody Valentine
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Earth
The Cramps
Bad Brains
Czolgolsz
****ed Up
Gogol Bordello
Atom and His Package
Strike Anywhere
Energy
Title Fight
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Jawbreaker
Cap'n Jazz
Fugazi
Descendents
Have Heart
Bane
Screaming Females
Pavement
Swing Kids
Touche Amore

Some of them aren't punk but bands you should listen to anyway that are kind of related to punk.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Recommendations thread.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown