Okay, lets get one thing straight before anyone comments saying "Buy a real Fender"

I love playing guitar, and own many good guitars, I own a Dot, a Fender Precision, Partsocasters etc, but i simply cannot afford to buy a good fender at the minute.

I am setting up a home studio, and am saving to buy everything at once instead of adding to it, but in the meantime, i want to buy a nice Jaguar styled guitar to make a project of. I don't want a fender because it's just too expensive, and i want to do stuff to it, which i'd be afraid to do to a fender incase i ruin it.

I want it basically for it's mass amounts of controls and tone, and i want to use it for recording, and live.

I don't care about the paint, cause i'll probably change that, but i just want a good quality Jaguar style guitar that i could use fender parts on eventually, for around £150.

I'm also looking for a good stratocaster, but i'll probably just buy a nice fender one instead in time, i have a good strat for now, but if anyone knows any good copies that'd also be cool!
Strat copies are available thirteen in the dozen, but a copy Jaguar... I bought a Sakai Mustang but that was already VERY VERY hard to find a good one :/
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Charvell San Dimas?
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Use an Xaviere off Guitar Fetish, I heard a lot of good things about them, they have a lot of "copies".
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
G & L
The company of Leo Fender after he left Fender (together with the Gibson and Rickenbacker presidents). The quality is the same, if not better, as the American Fenders, and they're way cheaper also
Quote by Brandeis
G & L
The company of Leo Fender after he left Fender (together with the Gibson and Rickenbacker presidents). The quality is the same, if not better, as the American Fenders, and they're way cheaper also

+1

I have to wonder though; you state you can't afford a Fender... Does that include Mexican models? If so I wouldn't expect to find anything decent much cheaper.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Well the only fender Jag's i've seen are about £650, anything cheaper?

I know there are so many strat copies, but when i say strat copy, i mean a good one, with the body looking exactly the same. I'm quite picky, like the radius's have to be perfect and the shoulder cut has to be the same as a fender etc, i won't have anything too heavy thats not like a fender, i just won't.
Well, I'd say that Squier makes the closest Fender copies, but they don't make a "true Jaguar" (but they do make a couple of Jaguars). When you say Jaguar style, would that also include the Jazzmaster?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
for 150 youre not really gonna get much...id say get a squier and then change the pickguard if you decide to use single coils
A good strat copy? Your own finish?

Carvin Bolt kit. Made in USA, only $399
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Look up Alston guitar kits on Ebay you can get one for ~$100 USD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey