It is a Squier Precision Bass with a decal on it and a bat inlay at the 12th fret, so it is as good as any other Squier P-Bass.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I played my roomies Pete Wentz sig and it's the worst squier I played .
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
I played my roomies Pete Wentz sig and it's the worst squier I played .

Maybe you were inadvertently channeling the Ashlee Simpson through it? Damn, that would be enough to kill a Fodera.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
To justify buying a signature instrument,you really need to assess what makes it different from the standard model (aside from the looks) vs the price.
For example,I own an epiphone Tony Iommi signature G-400.
What makes it different?
It has much better pick-ups than the standard G-400.
Rather than being built in the same Chinese factory as all the other G-400's,the signature models are made to a slightly better quality than the standards.
Vs.
The price.A standard G400 was about $500,and the pair of pick-ups were $400.So for $550,it was worth it.

Fatalgear41 has said it's essentially the same bass as a standard with a decal on it,so really,you're not getting anything extra for your money.
I have heard good things about Squier vintage modified basses for beginners,so do a quick search on that and you'll get plenty of answers.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
To justify buying a signature instrument,you really need to assess what makes it different from the standard model (aside from the looks) vs the price.
For example,I own an epiphone Tony Iommi signature G-400.
What makes it different?
It has much better pick-ups than the standard G-400.
Rather than being built in the same Chinese factory as all the other G-400's,the signature models are made to a slightly better quality than the standards.
Vs.
The price.A standard G400 was about $500,and the pair of pick-ups were $400.So for $550,it was worth it.

Fatalgear41 has said it's essentially the same bass as a standard with a decal on it,so really,you're not getting anything extra for your money.
I have heard good things about Squier vintage modified basses for beginners,so do a quick search on that and you'll get plenty of answers.

Please, try basses before you play... if you're into fender like models, I suggest you try the Vintage Modified Series (precision, Jazz, and jaguar models....) and/or the Classic Vibe series. Also, there are some classic like Schecters, though i don't know how much do they cost.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2