Page 1 of 3
It is what developers are calling a "pixelated cloud" - a profusion of box-like extensions jutting out from the middle of two tower blocks, and fusing them together.

But the design, for a new apartment complex in South Korea, has sparked a furious response from critics who say it resembles the collapse of New York's World Trade Center after the 9/11 attacks.

The design, by a Dutch architectural company, is part of a flagship project to develop a major new site in central Seoul.

The PR chief at the Yongsan Development Company, Seo Hee-seok, said the accusation was a shock.

"When I heard that, I was totally surprised, and bewildered," he told me.

"It felt like something out of a novel. And because this is just one of many buildings in the new development, I even wondered whether it was a conspiracy."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16162789

9/11. Worst day in history by far. Is this building ok? I don't think we should let the commies get away with this, personally. What do you think? Are you a freedom lover or a baby-killing communist? Give me your thoughts.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Too easy to hit. No terrorist would like that challenge.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I saw this on FB yesterday. Didn't care then, don't care now. But I hope somebody builds a mosque next to it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
South Korea, top trolls.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Cant see it myself.

I like the idea, its funky and makes good use of space.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Jackal58
I saw this on FB yesterday. Didn't care then, don't care now. But I hope somebody builds a mosque next to it.

And a synagogue next to that.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
south korea isnot communist..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel

South Korea is as communist as my apple pie is delicious.

Pretty damn communist. Especially with vanilla custard.
Quote by Controlpanel

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Cant see it myself.

lolwut.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Surely one smoke cloud should be higher than the other, showing the two impact points properly.

PSN ID: ArranP
Guess they forgot about how we saved their asses from NK and China. Lovely tribute to the 3000 people murdered on that day. I understand people's hatred for the US government, but those were innocent people brutally murdered. Pretty messed up.
Quote by apmaman
Surely one smoke cloud should be higher than the other, showing the two impact points properly.

They aren't actually recreating the 9/11 attacks. It's a "coincidence".
My question is why does this seems architecturally sound to anyone? Crazy dutch...
Looks like tetris blocks having tumours honestly.
My main question is, why didn't they just have the expanded part...not look like a ****ing explosion?
Quote by Mack56
My main question is, why didn't they just have the expanded part...not look like a ****ing explosion?
Comic Sans MS sucks
ggg1 ggg3

Building extension? When they're already horizontally occupying that space?

I'm no architect, but... build the whole damn thing as one big tall cuboid?
^ But having it above ground makes the ground clear for people to walk and live. It's a clever solution.

Quote by behind_you
Comic Sans MS sucks

Look closely, that person is from 2003.

Back away..
Quote by Kensai

9/11. Worst day in history by far. Is this building ok? I don't think we should let the commies get away with this, personally. What do you think? Are you a freedom lover or a baby-killing communist? Give me your thoughts.

...You think that 9/11 was the worst day in history? Ever?
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
^Poor fool.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
My question is why does this seems architecturally sound to anyone? Crazy dutch...

My question is how they're planning on building it successfully. conjoined buildings like these are hella tricky.

Quote by Don_Humpador

Back away..

What.
Last edited by frankv at Dec 13, 2011,
worst day in history? please.

wanna hear a joke?

what's big and silver and looks good on cops?

the twin towers.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by kraftmacaroni
...You think that 9/11 was the worst day in history? Ever?

Name one worse.
Looks awesome.

Anyone who's upset should realise a) this is a completely different country with a completely different culture and history, the world doesn't revolve around the America/ the Western world and b) you should get over it
Quote by Don_Humpador

Back away..
And a femenist!

lol jk
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Dec 13, 2011,
Why would Korea give a **** what happened in the US? lol Make any damn building design you want.
Quote by Kensai

9/11. Worst day in history by far.

Huh
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
That's the type of thing I would expect to remain as a concept, or perhaps some kind of ironic artwork, but to actually make a building as a joke(I'm assuming it's done out of humor or something) seems a little much. Makes me wonder if it's just a ploy for tourism.
Sorry, I know that 9/11 really was a horrible day, but it wasn't the worst. i'm pretty sure that something like Hiroshima was worse than 9/11, since people suffered much longer from the nuclear bombardments. and what does your opinion about a building say about someone's political opinion? i'm Dutch, we've got a constitutional monarchy, and I kinda like the building, 'cause of it's something i've never seen before, not because of the reference to 9/11. another point... Baby-killing communist? Communism has nothing to do with killing babies, and the idea of communism is actually really good. equal rights for everyone, seems fair. Communism isn't worked out great, therefore everyone dislikes it... and South Korea is NOT communistic, they're democratic! this whole thread is just stupid.
Page 1 of 3