Budget: $200 obo
Skill of player: Intermediate. 13 yrs old, but plays well for last 5 years.
Style: 6 String, cut away/non-cutaway, preferably cutaway.

I'll buy new/used. Figured I could probably get a better guitar that was been gently used for $200.

I'd like to get him something that he will sound good because he knows what a nice guitar looks and feels like. He's in 7th grade so something decent enough to get him through highschool at least the first few years, until he can upgrade to a big boy guitar.

Through me some suggestions, thanks!
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
tough call. a shallow body elec/acous i would think would serve him best. my son's in 7th. i bought him a samick ASDM, it felt too bulky for him so he went back to playing 2 of my ovation shallow bodies(cg057 and cc44). he could reach more comfortably with those. the elec guitar type necks are much easier for him to play. sound is decent and you can pick one up on ebay for about 175US. fender t-bucket maybe(though its a lam top).
Laminated body but you can get the Yamaha FG-401 used and I love that guitar. Maybe some cheap Yamahas.
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I think I'm gunna take him to guitar center to try out a few styles and see which one works for him and then go from there. A guitar is really such a personal choice its hard to just chose one for somebody else.
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus