Dear guitarists,

I have made a post quite a while ago about amps and such. Well I am going to either get an Aria Pro II TA80 or Ibanez AK95 DVS as a guitar and for the amp I am doubting between :

Vox VT100

Marshall VS8280

Marshall JCM2000 DSL401

Marshall VS100

I love playing blues and jazz and want to continue in that genre but sometimes I sidetrack to other genres like rock and such. Rockabilly should be an option as well. Anyway let me know what all you experienced and non-experienced people think.

Thanking you all in advance and wishing you a great day.
Last edited by Greagnath at Dec 13, 2011,
For jazz? None of the above. Maybe a nice solid state? (flame shield engage)
For blues & rockish stuff - Fender.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
You mean a Fender amp? What I hear on Youtube in demos it does not really speak to me..
Yep, I meant a fender valve amp of some sort. Youtube demos are generally not a reliable source when it comes to musical gear. Go to a guitar store and try some amps out. Low gain valve amps in general should be able to get a nice bluesy sound, as far as I know.

What we need is this:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Vox AC15/30
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Budget: €300

Genres: Blues/Jazz with occasional sidetrack to Rockabilly and other songs contemporary rock mostly. In blues, almost all styles from Mississippi Delta to Slide to whatever.

New or Used: Used

Home or Gig: Home

Closest City: Netherlands

Current Gear: One semi-acoustic guitar made by Hudson.

Hope that helps out.
Quote by Greagnath
Any specific types of Fender Valve?

A used Blues Junior? Maybe a Peavey Classic 30. If I remember correctly, it sounds a wee bit Fenderish.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Check YouTube for videos on the Fender Blues Jr. You should be able to find one used for that price. You'll be able to get some warm bluesy tones and some spanky rockabilly cleans, and they take pedals VERY well. Judging from the types of music you listed I'm surprised Fender amps didn't really speak to you.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Could be that I listened to the Solid State or Hybrid amps of Fender that did not speak to me. I will take another gander at the Valve ones in this case a Blues Jr or what is that other one a something with Tweed in the name?