Would I get a good Metallica sound with this?
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
That pedal basically just sounds like a greyhound pissing into a treacle tin. I have a mate who used to use an MT2 straight into a PA speaker at band-practices, and it sounded hideous. It was made even worse by the fact that he never shut up about how great he thought it sounded.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 13, 2011,
I think its a decent pedal. Ok for low volume heavy distortion. But it needs a lot of tweaking and a great amp to sound good. definitely not worth the money
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
You guys ****ing kidding me? My grandma ordered it for me. Son of a bitch. What can I do with it???????
Quote by Kilty Boxers
You guys ****ing kidding me? My grandma ordered it for me. Son of a bitch. What can I do with it???????

Yes we are. We all got together in our top secret volcano headquaters conspired against you.

In all seriousness, I'd just send it back and get the money back, if possible. If you want a half decent distortion pedal, look at the AMT Legend pedals, I've toyed with some of them in a store, and they all seem pretty good value for money.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 13, 2011,
The only good sound I ever got out of mine was an AM-radio type of effect. Everything else sounded ultra thin and way too fizzy (even on low gain settings).

I wouldn't recommend spending money on one, but since your grandma ordered it for you I'd spend some time with it and see what you can get out of it. Worst case you can send it back for something else (if the place/site takes returns).
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I'd rather not send it back. It's a Christmas present. Do you guys have any clue to as what band's sound I can achieve?
Last edited by Kilty Boxers at Dec 13, 2011,
Quote by Carl6661
Yes we are. We all got together in our top secret volcano headquaters conspired against you.

In all seriousness, I'd just send it back and get the money back, if possible. If you want a half decent distortion pedal, look at the AMT Legend pedals, I've toyed with some of them in a store, and they all seem pretty good value for money.

Why did you tell him about the secret volcano?
Quote by Kilty Boxers
My grandma ordered it for me. Son of a bitch. What can I do with it???????

You can start be saying nice things about your grandma. Mine doesnt give me pedals
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Well she wanted a clue what I wanted for under 100 bucks so yeah.
Quote by Kilty Boxers
I'd rather not send it back. It's a Christmas present. Do you guys have any clue to as what band's sound I can achieve?

I can understand that. I don't like sending gifts back either. The MT-2 will get you into Metallica territory, but it's better at like a "Kill Em All" tone rather than a Black Album or new Metallica tone. This pedal makes everything sound thin, so if you're looking for thick distortion this really isn't it. Think 80s metal, not modern metal.
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Kill Em All - AJFA is that the range I can get?
With a lot of tweaking it can sound not horrible, but it's still wayyyy to digital sounding to be any good at all. I use it mostly to colour my overdrive pedal, and even then super light on the distortion.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Kilty Boxers
Kill Em All - AJFA is that the range I can get?

Yeah that's about what you'll get. Although the tone might not be as thick as you'd want for AJFA. But let's be serious, Hetfield layered the guitar tracks a million times on that album. Not many pedals/amps are going to come close to a thick tone like that
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by Grawgos
Why did you tell him about the secret volcano?

It's a secret volcano base, it's hard not to tell people about it.
Atleast the location of the volcano is still a mystery!
Quote by Carl6661
It's a secret volcano base, it's hard not to tell people about it.
Atleast the location of the volcano is still a mystery!

I can't read this without Dr Evil's voice in my head
Current Gear:
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I used to have an MT-2 when I still played on a Crate solid-state combo. It was good for practice, but when I started gigging it was obvious it wasn't cutting it. This is what I ended up doing...

Guitar->Boss BD-2->MT-2->Boss GE-7-> Amp

Once I dialed it in, I got a great, thick tone. Not half bad for pedals and a cheap solid state. But it took an overdrive and an equalizer to get any use out of the MT-2 in a live setting.

What kind of amp are you playing it through, and do you have any other effects?
I just recently sold my MT-2 after having it for a couple of years.

It's... possible to get a usable sound out of it. But it took me an entire week of tweaking to pull it off.

It should be alright, as long as you don't set high expectations for it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Mine's ok, but I don't play metal....

That being said, I think it's a crap pedal if you want it to do what it says it will do...

surprising though is on Musician's friend, out of 653 reviews, it has 4.5 stars, outta 5. I use it for 80's and 90's stuff... the distortion is set at about 1/4, bass and mids up slightly, and treble turned down to about 1/4... I start with a clean sound on my amp and it works for me... It was free, so I use it... I'll get a better one..... someday...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
It sounds terrible. Which is fine because save for Load, and some of the Black Album, Metallica sounds terrible too.
Quote by rawkmaster
I used to have an MT-2 when I still played on a Crate solid-state combo. It was good for practice, but when I started gigging it was obvious it wasn't cutting it. This is what I ended up doing...

Guitar->Boss BD-2->MT-2->Boss GE-7-> Amp

Once I dialed it in, I got a great, thick tone. Not half bad for pedals and a cheap solid state. But it took an overdrive and an equalizer to get any use out of the MT-2 in a live setting.

What kind of amp are you playing it through, and do you have any other effects?

Peavey 112 Bandit and for other effects I have a RP500
From clips ive heard, the mt2 can sound pretty awesome with the "diezel hifi mod" or something along those lines. If you want to keep it then mod it and it can soun pretty good
You can send it to someone for modding; modifying it makes it an excellent distortion.

I liked the one I played with. Stock it's mediocre at best.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
You can send it to someone for modding; modifying it makes it an excellent distortion.

I liked the one I played with. Stock it's mediocre at best.

+1

Have the Keeley Twilight mod done to it.

It's a whooooole different ball game with the Keeley mod.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

my old mt-2 had the mark humphrey SLO/Diezel mod. It didn't sound like a slo or any diezel ive heard, but it did sound considerably better than stock. It was only like $30 bucks for the mod too, that was like 4 years ago though.
Quote by rokket2005
my old mt-2 had the mark humphrey SLO/Diezel mod. It didn't sound like a slo or any diezel ive heard, but it did sound considerably better than stock. It was only like $30 bucks for the mod too, that was like 4 years ago though.

I never said itll sound like a diezel or SLO, just that itll sound better than stock
I know. It would be ridiculous to expect a pedal to sounds anything like either of those amps, especially considering what makes those amps sound like they do(trannies and filtering, amongst other things.) I had no qualms with the sound of though.

I just think it is kind of misleading for mark to have named the mod that since a slo and pretty much any amp from diezel sound nothing alike.
Last edited by rokket2005 at Dec 13, 2011,
I'm not gonna mod it, that's money I don't feel like spending. I have to save for a bass stack.
I had one back when i only had a bass amp to play through. I used it with a Gibson Faded Flying V and actually got some great Mega Deth tones (Symphony of Destruction) as well as a pretty much perfect Nightwish rhythm tone. I don't think they are as bad as people say, but they can take a pretty good while to dial in right.
Well the important question is: Can I get an old school Metallica sound out of it with no mods.

@schecter guy: Would it give me the Youthanasia tone?
Last edited by Kilty Boxers at Dec 14, 2011,