I have seen alot of guitar teachers advertize this way...do people actually pay for online lessons or is it just hype? It would be an interesting way of making a living with guitar but seems like most people would not be interested?

Any thoughts or opinions?
I know of one person, Rob Chapman, who does this but frankly he has 35000 YouTube subscribers, probably nearer 40k these days, so people know he's good. I doubt people will pay a total stranger for them.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
If you're thinking about it I recommend Byron Fry. He was my former in person teacher, and is a fantastic guy, and incredible guitarist.

I would post the link, but I don't know if that's kosher here. He's the top hit on Google.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by WarriorArtist94
I know of one person, Rob Chapman, who does this but frankly he has 35000 YouTube subscribers, probably nearer 40k these days, so people know he's good. I doubt people will pay a total stranger for them.

Oh yeah he works at Andertons in Guildford.
I've seen a few musicians do this, like Jordan Eberhart from Scale the Summit. It seems like a decent way to make some cash on the side, and a great way to open up musical knowledge to more people without the barrier of distance.
I'm moving next month, and my guitar instructor actually suggested this at my lesson this week. I think you'd need to have a good microphone to make it worth it at all. I don't think i'm going to take him up on it, just seems like I'd be getting shortchanged one way or another.
Quote by dvm25
I have seen alot of guitar teachers advertize this way...do people actually pay for online guitar lesson or is it just hype? It would be an interesting way of making a living with guitar but seems like most people would not be interested?

Any thoughts or opinions?

I don't know but I guess people prefer to have the actual instructor to give them lessons. Well people can enroll in one website guitar lessons but if you would be thinking of taking "skype" online lessons, then I guess it would be best for you to go and look for an actual instructor that can teach you.
Last edited by ndrewoods at Dec 18, 2011,
My boy Chris used to do this... I believe he gave lessons to one of the guitarists from Thursday this way.

He has a profile on here, Chris Buono. I know he did this type of lessons with many people and from what I heard from him it was rather efficient and successful. The thing is, it can't be with just any knucklehead that just "wants to learn guitar". Kind of needs to be with an already established student of the craft that is looking for further instruction that you are able to give.

Really, it's not simply some weekend-warrior tool or child that wants to learn guitar because the latest video game has inspired them to think they have some sort of talent, but rather for the more seasoned students that want to advance their skill but can't traverse the countryside to attende a one-on-one with someone they admire and are dying to learn from.

Cas-
Go to YouTube and look up videos, it's free and probably just as effective

Quote by Duffman123
Only if you get your tits out.

RATHER FAST BLACK MAN

WAT CHU GONNA DOOOOOOOOO