Hey, guys, I have a rather annoying/odd problem. I'm using an Ibanez RG7621 and a Peavey VYPYR 30w amp. When I pull off of a note, I get this really weird screechy sound. It's really difficult to describe, but I guess its like if you slid your finger down one of the lower strings (the wound ones) with a lot of gain? It's only when I do pull-offs for the most part but it sometimes happens with hammer-ons. Does anybody know what this could be? I hope it isn't just that my pickups are ****ed because it sucks to buy new seven-string pickups. I know it's a guitar-related problem and not amp related because my Jackson Kelly doesn't have this issue when using the same amp.

Thanks!
Jackson Kelly KE3 Pro
Ibanez RG7621 7-string
1970s Fender FS-210 acoustic
Peavey VYPYR 30w
If you slightly bend the string when you pull-off (most guitarists do), your string could scraping against something. Try raising your action and see what happens.
Quote by Damikeyg
If you slightly bend the string when you pull-off (most guitarists do), your string could scraping against something. Try raising your action and see what happens.

Ah, that could definitely be it since it's got a pretty low action on it. Unfortunately I've got to wait to try that out until finals are over and I head home, as I don't have that small of an allen wrench in my dorm. Thanks for the advice!
Jackson Kelly KE3 Pro
Ibanez RG7621 7-string
1970s Fender FS-210 acoustic
Peavey VYPYR 30w