http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8389344/sydney-school-accused-of-stealing-christmas

"They should not force this on young kids. Christmas is meant to be all about Santa and presents," he told the Daily Telegraph.

Really?
The guy is complaining about political correctness, and it goes waaay over his head and he misses the point.
FUCK YOU, AUSTRALIA, GIVE US BACK OUR CHRISTMAS.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The guy is stupid for freaking out, but the school is just as stupid for banning the word Christmas.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
If the kids were that bothered they could decide to mass together and sing the songs their way anyway, but that requires thinking about things and going against authority, which idiots like this probably disagree with anyway.

And all schools should keep religion out of as much as possible.
I think the world would be a pretty boring place if everyone was always 100% politically correct
Quote by Kevin19
I think the world would be a pretty boring place if everyone was always 100% politically correct

I don't see how singing Christmas carols is being politically incorrect.

But yes, I agree.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I don't see how singing Christmas carols is being politically incorrect.

But yes, I agree.

Well....
Away In A Manger is about Jesus
And the thought of Jesus can offend people who aren't believin' on Jesus.
Therefore, Away In A Manger can promote fear and intolerance.

I'm fed up with this world.
Anyone who gets offended by a Christmas song needs to get their whiny ass to a different school, preferably a singular religion one.
Ha, so are they going to start renaming Hannukah and Easter?! Also, that dude is prettyyyyyyyy stupid.
Quote by tyler_j
Well....
Away In A Manger is about Jesus
And the thought of Jesus can offend people who aren't believin' on Jesus.
Therefore, Away In A Manger can promote fear and intolerance.

I'm fed up with this world.

And Christmas is a Christian holiday.

That whole article is just ""
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

And this is why we should bomb Australia from orbit.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Hey tyler

Lets play spiderman at your apartment with drew tonight? I KNOW ITS YOU MUTHER****ER
Quote by Thrasher51
And this is why we should bomb Australia from orbit.

HEY! It's not all bad. We gave the world Murdoch. That counts for something, right?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
inner-Sydney Montessori School in Balmain.

Well it is a private school, so they can do whatever the hell they want, assuming Australia schools are similar to those in the US.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
HEY! It's not all bad. We gave the world Murdoch. That counts for something, right?

...Yes. Yes it does.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by chantastic
Hey tyler

Lets play spiderman at your apartment with drew tonight? I KNOW ITS YOU MUTHER****ER

Wait, what?
Is everyone forgetting that there are other holidays at this point of the year?

and depending on the kids' ages they may not fully appreciate the fact that others don't celebrate christmas. Doing this not only allows those kids who don't celebrate christmas to participate in class activities, but it raises the other kids awareness of the existence of other cultures.

Can't really see the problem myself.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Ms Swan told the the Telegraph that the banning of Christmas references may have been an attempt by the teacher to address the fact that she has Hindu and Jewish children in her class.

Seems fair enough to me Just being inclusive. It's an arbitrary change. Moving the kid out of the school, out of education and away from their friends over this is just silly, disproportionate rage.
Quote by Article
Ms Swan told the the Telegraph that the banning of Christmas references may have been an attempt by the teacher to address the fact that she has Hindu and Jewish children in her class.

Fuck them, it isn't our fault they are going to hell when they die. If I say happy holidays Jesus doesn't know that I love him, it's got to be the right song damnit! We cannot risk eternal damnation for our children due to mixed messages.
In my heart I'm with you

every night