Page 1 of 2
You've probably noticed a few things Google sneak in to their search engine. Like some of the things they come up when you search something.

This is an old one:

or another old one:
1. Go to Google maps
2. Search "New York to Tokyo"
3. Read instruction 38

This is the most recent one i've found:
1. Go to Google
2. Search "What defines an english person"
3. Look at first link

What are some of your experiences with google's sense of humor?
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Dec 13, 2011,
I like how when you put "why are americans" the whole first page is full of results that end the question with "so fat"
google gravity
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
For reasons inexplicable, a “Today I Learned” thread on Reddit has turned into a treatise on how to make Google Translate beatbox for you, among other things. It must have taken some intense experimentation for Redditor Harrichr to get here but he somehow stumbled upon the following combination of steps.

1) Go to Google Translate
2) Set the translator to translate German to German
3) Copy + paste the following into the translate box: pv zk pv pv zk pv zk kz zk pv pv pv zk pv zk zk pzk pzk pvzkpkzvpvzk kkkkkk bsch
4) Click “listen”
5) Be amazed

Since the original post both the thread and meme have expanded into slight tweaks and variations, including Technocopter, Helicopter and Dubstep. YCombinator user iamdave actually posted a guide to making your own beats:

zk = suspended cymbal
bschk = snare
pv = brush
bk = bass
tk = flam1
vk = roll tap
kt = flam2
kttp = flam tap
krp = hi hat tap
pv = short roll
th = better hi hat
thp, ds = instant rimshot.
Quote by Duffman123
For reasons inexplicable, a “Today I Learned” thread on Reddit has turned into a treatise on how to make Google Translate beatbox for you, among other things. It must have taken some intense experimentation for Redditor Harrichr to get here but he somehow stumbled upon the following combination of steps.

3) Copy + paste the following into the translate box: pv zk pv pv zk pv zk kz zk pv pv pv zk pv zk zk pzk pzk pvzkpkzvpvzk kkkkkk bsch
4) Click “listen”
5) Be amazed

Since the original post both the thread and meme have expanded into slight tweaks and variations, including Technocopter, Helicopter and Dubstep. YCombinator user iamdave actually posted a guide to making your own beats:

zk = suspended cymbal
bschk = snare
pv = brush
bk = bass
tk = flam1
vk = roll tap
kt = flam2
kttp = flam tap
krp = hi hat tap
pv = short roll
th = better hi hat
thp, ds = instant rimshot.

That was pretty amazing. I've not heard of that before
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Dec 13, 2011,
Few more:
Zounds! Chrome's Annoying Sounds Few browser extensions are as irritating as Chrome Sounds, an April Fools' Day joke that actually works--if you're foolish enough to install it. According to Google, Sounds provides "a more magical and immersive experience when browsing the web using the power of sound." In reality, its enhancements include the sound of breaking glass when a window closes, and other auditory annoyances that rival nails on a chalkboard.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kkfibincabhfblmkmhcabnlghmncdcaf/

Pirate Google, yarrrrrrrrr!
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=xx-pirate
Quote by Duffman123

4) Click “listen”
5) Be amazed

This isn't new Duffman I've known about this for ages. It's brilliant but Harrichr never came up with this.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You realize, I hope, that Google had nothing to do with "Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch" right? That line is a scene from LOST, and was a popular search for a while.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
As an englishman and a kayaker, I find google's sense of humour rather offensive.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Trowzaa
This isn't new Duffman I've known about this for ages. It's brilliant but Harrichr never came up with this.

I copied that post from the first website I could find
I'd never heard of any of any of these Funny shit
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
gravity's not doing anything for me...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Duffman123
I copied that post from the first website I could find

That makes sense

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
this is great.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
The best one.
Go to maps.google.com
Go on directions
In A, type 'The Shire'
In b, type 'Mordor'
Click on the walking icon, click get directions, rofl.

^

EDIT: I don't know what's funnier; the actual humor itself, or that someone at Google actually had to take the time to do all this shit.
Quote by Trowzaa
The best one.
Go to maps.google.com
Go on directions
In A, type 'The Shire'
In b, type 'Mordor'

That's great.
FORZA CATANIA
i was actually googling tilt recently for some reason and noticed the screen was off, but couldn't quite place what was wrong
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Trowzaa
The best one.
Go to maps.google.com
Go on directions
In A, type 'The Shire'
In b, type 'Mordor'

****ing lol.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Trowzaa

You're meant to say type in 'find chuck norris' and hit feeling lucky
Quote by Duffman123

4) Click “listen”
5) Be amazed

We had a thread on this once upon a time
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by chaoticfables
I'm not getting the Mordor one

Me neither.
you're a stone fox
It says the kayak thing for any transcontinental directions...

Edit: Way back in the day you could google "french military victories" and it would say "Did you mean french military defeats?"

Another good one was searching 'failure' with the I'm Feeling Lucky option and it'd take you to Bush's wiki page.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 13, 2011,
Really?
Are you clicking on the walking thing?
It says
"Warning - Walking is in beta. Beware - One does not simply walk into Mordor" or something.

Don't pick a city name, just type The Shire and leave it. Not The Shire, New York or anything.

fuck google translate, it won't let me translate from german to german, one of them is always english
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
fuck google translate, it won't let me translate from german to german, one of them is always english

he meant to say german to english. i had the same problem.
Page 1 of 2