how to get those? Seems like all the presets are pretty dirty I want dire strait type of clean tone. How do I get those? I have guitar rig 5, american strat
Quote by icecoldstar
how to get those? Seems like all the presets are pretty dirty I want dire strait type of clean tone. How do I get those? I have guitar rig 5, american strat

Don't load a preset
Depends on what you want your cleans to sound like.
If you want more of a lead clean, Use the Jump/Citrus amp and turn down the gain.

If you are going for a more "Dreamish" type of clean, Use the Jazz amp.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
It's never gonna sound amazing cuz it's a digital amp. Getting that valve sweetness will be hard, but you can normally get something decent with a good amp sim and a clever use of chorus and reverb.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
When I first started messing with amp sims, I had the hardest time getting a decent clean out of anything, no matter how I set things. For me it turned out my input gain from my guitar was too high, but that might not be your problem. Check that anyway, just in case.

As far as building clean tones in guitar rig, I only have 3, but I generally liked to start with the Jazz Amp or the Twin Reverb clone. There are other amps in the program that can do clean tones, I just found those two to be the easiest. The tweed amp(s) are also pretty good for slightly gritty tones.
I think the Sultans of Pop(Swing?) preset is supposed to beq dire straits type tone, if theirs to much distortion on the clean presets (especially the JC-120 ones), turn your input gain down.