Hey guys.

Upon searching though my local classifieds out of sheer boredom (I'm in Canada btw), I came across a Soldano Avenger selling for $1000. I've seen this amp in a local shop (only one in town that has access to Soldano) selling it for $2100. I'm just wondering what the value on an amp like this is and if I could talk him down a little, could I potentially make a bit of profit on this?

I dont actually have the money for an amp like this at the moment, but I do really need money. So if i could make some money, I would love to give it a shot.

Thanks!

(i would hate to see such a beauty go if i do get it... and i dont really like trying to sell for profit, but i'm that desperate for cash atm)
High dollar gear is hard to move in general due to the narrow market of such things, and the economy isn't the greatest at the moment. I'd pass on it because that's probably right in line for what they go for.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
yeah, honestly, thats what i was thinking. i just know that there's nobody in my area except for my local shop that sells the amp, but its so overpriced that nobody actually buys it. so when i saw the amp selling for $1000 i got excited. i know its not a way to make money.

hell, when people are refusing to take less than $225 for a squier bass, you know things are bad right?
I played one at a jam. The 50w. Didn't cut through at all well. I played about with the eq and turned it up, but still wasn't impressed. I'm no expert on Soldano at all, but I expect it's not in the same league as an SLO.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

otherwise, it is a great amp to own if you ever want to own one -

+1, i lubbed the one i tried

no loop or anyting like that, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh i know its a great sounding amp. like i said, a local shop carries them, so i get to play them all the time. they're amazing amps. i was just asking more for the used value of them since this was the first time i encountered one. i knew fender amps tend to hold their value fairly well here, but mesa's plummet in value. i think i will pass on the amp just because i dont really have the money for it. i was thinking if it was underpriced i could make a few dollars, but i guess i wont be able to on this one
ah ok, no worries

yeah i'm not too well up on used values either
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?