This guy my sister knows is selling an Ibanez GSR200EX bass for 200 USD. It's seems to be in good condition and it plays fairly well except for some fret rattle (which could be adjusted out easily). It has humbucker pickups so I gives a pretty good tone for metal.

The only problem I can see with it so far is that it was made in China.

Would you say it's worth the 200 bucks for a darker-toned active bass that I could just keep in Db or C tuning all the time? Would sure save the hassle of constantly retuning my p-bass for whichever track I want to play.

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, I didn't grab a picture of it, so here is a product link.
Smoke 'em 'til ya die.
Seems pretty steep for a used gio line bass even if it's got some decent features. A quick froogle suggests that they go for $250 new and, as starter basses, they don't hold a heck of a lot of their resale value.

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it at the very most... actually I probably wouldn't buy one of the Gio series at all. I say steer clear unless he knocks a ton of the price.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Seems pretty steep for a used gio line bass even if it's got some decent features. A quick froogle suggests that they go for $250 new and, as starter basses, they don't hold a heck of a lot of their resale value.

I wouldn't pay more than $150 for it at the very most... actually I probably wouldn't buy one of the Gio series at all. I say steer clear unless he knocks a ton of the price.

Completely agree with Mike.

Is it your first bass? do yo NEED a new bass? or you would buy it just because you have the chance?
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Thats a little over priced.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
No, this isn't my first bass. It'd just be for tuning conveniences. 200 is a bit steep the more I look into the guitar, I'm going to see if I can talk him down to 125 USD.

It's just frustrating/bothersome constantly having to change tuning on my only bass, ya know?
Smoke 'em 'til ya die.
Way overpriced for used. Hell, you an get a brand new Squier VM Jaguar for that price.I'd give him 90 - 100 bucks for it. Also, there is nothing wrong by it being made in China. A piece of crap is a piece of crap regardless of where it's made.