I'm looking for a metal distortion pedal but I just don't know what one to get. The most I'll pay is $150. Please reply and give me some suggestions on what pedal I should get.
What's your current gear?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
dirty bomb, high gain marshall

otherwise hardwire metal
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
My current gear is: PRS SE Singlecut
Roland micro cube
Boss Blues driver
EH Holy Grail
Digitech RP255
Ya I want to get a nice tube amp but this was my first amp and I'm a junior at guitar and I've only gigged twice so I mainly use the amp for practicing
Last edited by SpecialK139 at Dec 14, 2011,
Are these pedals any good?

Boss Metal Zone (MT-2)

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

MXR Fullbore Metal
Quote by SpecialK139
Are these pedals any good?

Boss Metal Zone (MT-2)

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

MXR Fullbore Metal
No, yes, and not really.

Seriously dude, for 50 more bucks you can get a Vypyr 30. It's not tube but I can guarantee you it will sound better than almost every distortion pedal under that price, and will last you a lot better until you get a tube amp.

If you're feeling poor, even the Vypyr 15 will do.
Quote by denied
This.

Also, possible the blackstar HT dist-x

I run a DistX - fantastic high-gain pedal with a very responsive EQ. It's one of the best I've used and well worth the price.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Ian_the_fox
No, yes, and not really.

Seriously dude, for 50 more bucks you can get a Vypyr 30. It's not tube but I can guarantee you it will sound better than almost every distortion pedal under that price, and will last you a lot better until you get a tube amp.

If you're feeling poor, even the Vypyr 15 will do.

metal zone blows, metal muff was nice, i love my full bore metal, absolutely hated my vypyr with a passion. my tone comes from a full bore metal and it sounds great. however, u need a very clean amp and i don't know how well it will sound thru an SS amp. you just have to eq it right and for god sakes, DONT SCOOP THE MIDS. you need the mids to get a halfway decent tone
Dr. Scientist The Elements is a good metal pedal. I don't think it's too out of your price range from memory.
Quote by SpecialK139
What amp do you use for the full bore?

its a VHT special 6 ultra.
Quote by beckyjc
+1 to barber dirty bomb.

The vypyr does not sound better...

Any distortion by boss sucks.

The fullbore sounds like bees in a can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5sA5Ev3-b4

the full bore sounds awful in this video becuz he used the scooped mids button which sounds absolutely terrible. i run mine thru a completely clean amp, gain all the way, high mid low all at about 3 o'clock, and the volume to taste. the frequency i keep at about 10 o clock