Hello there I'm in the market for new guitar amp. I'm thinking about buying a tube amp but I don't know whats a good amp. I play rock, classic rock, punk, and prog rock. Also I want one to gig with.

So what would you recommend ?
Vox ac15 all the way man. Maybe add a tube screamer to it too
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Agreed. For what you are doing definitely AC15.

Totally off topic but dude your pop punk band shits on mine haha
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
definitely man.
Quote by barden1069
The AC15 is a sweet amp, very organic. But it is a little hefty.

I don't see why a tiny terror wouldn't be a good idea. It's very convenient and light, and you can hook right into the in house cabs.

But if you're more manly than me, the AC15 is a fine choice.
Punk you say?

You'll want to make a roadcase for it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
with a mic (probably common) will help with the headroom issue, but you need to keep in mind most of these are single channel. so a hot amp will have a lil grit to the cleans...which is good. a cranked ac15 after a night of gigging might ben overdriven and be really crunchy and not be very clean at all.

that mightbe perfect for you. i dunno. just saying. get yourself a good OD, mic it up, get some nice gritty cleans and use the OD to get a solid crunch. it will sound awesome.
Jet City JCA2112RC is 20 watts and has real tube driven and recovered reverb.

Fender Pro Jr. is 15w and will really scream as well, especially if you put a really efficient speaker in there.
the egnater tweaker is worth a look too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Hey guys I found a used Epiphone Blues Custom down in Ohio. Its $275 and its an all tube 30 watt amp. Now I have just seen some videos on it and a lot of reviewers say it sounds just like a AC30. Now I'm going down there tomorrow for a few days to visit family so I might have to stop in to check out this amp.

What do you guys think of the Epiphone BC 30. ?
play it for yourself man, and if you like it then definitely grab it.
Quote by barden1069
From the videos the dirty channel doesn't sound dirty enough for me so I think I'll need a pedal with it.
Do you have an od or dist pedal you could bring with you to try the amplifier out with?
Quote by barden1069
Well definitely try it out. Doesn't really seem voxy to me though.
Quote by barden1069
Quote by Radtastic89
Hey guys I found a used Epiphone Blues Custom down in Ohio. Its $275 and its an all tube 30 watt amp. Now I have just seen some videos on it and a lot of reviewers say it sounds just like a AC30. Now I'm going down there tomorrow for a few days to visit family so I might have to stop in to check out this amp.

What do you guys think of the Epiphone BC 30. ?

i'm a big fan of it honestly.

it switches to 15 watts as well.

not a huge gain pig, but a great amp for most things shy of br00tz.

quality amp imo. good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Don't think they ever made a 50 watt dsl combo

Well that puts a spanner in the works, the TSL combos are decidedly meh but a DSL combo with the right speakers would have sounded great.

How about a Traynor YCV50 Blue? Or a Kustom Defender?