I'm looking into what speakers I want to put into my Jet City 2x12 cabinet when I replace them. I'll probably buy new, but used is ok. My budget is flexible. I'm not looking to spend more than $300 for sure. Genre is mostly Metal of the Groove/Thrash variety. I also play stuff from Blues (SRV, Clapton) to Groove Metal/Death Metal (Lamb of God, Children of Bodom) and everything in between. I've been looking at Eminence's Patriot/Redcoat lines. I was thinking of putting a Wizard and Swamp Thang in the cab. Would this be a good combo? I plan on putting an X pattern of Celestion V30's and G12K-100's in a 4x12 at some point, for reference.

TL;DR

I would like to try the Eminence Redcoat/Patriot Line.

Budget: $300 or less

Genres: Blues to Groove/Thrash

Preferably New, ok with Used

Both Home and Gig

I live in Newcomerstown, Ohio and Athens, Ohio (College)

Current Gear: See Sig

Would the Wizard and Swamp Thang be a good combo?

For Reference, I want a 4x12 with V30's and K-100's in an X
No threadjacking, bro.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Mike Soldano recommends Eminence Legends, but try the speakers first and see if you like them. For someone with an ear for tone such as Mike Soldano, the stock speakers can't be that bad.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Mike Soldano recommends Eminence Legends, but try the speakers first and see if you like them. For someone with an ear for tone such as Mike Soldano, the stock speakers can't be that bad.

Oh, they're pretty damn good, especially for stock speakers. I'm playing the following rig through the JCA24S right now:

Guitar>Wah>TL-2>MXR (for solo boost)>Decimator>Blues Junior

and it sounds great put up against the other guitarist's Rectoverb through a Mesa 2x12 with V30's.

I just want to switch them up for some personal customization. I wanna see what I like more. I was mostly concerned if the Wizard and Swamp Thang would be likely to sound good together, and if they would be comparable to a V30/K-100 combo.