It's 3 a.m, I'm trying to play Enter Sandman solo and I can't play the bend on the D on the 2nd string (the 15 12 thing, lol)... And I can actually play harder solos, like Wither, Crazy Train, and other stuff...
It's a hard solo? Cause I always heard it was a newbie solo

Edit: Oh, and the fade to black sweep in the intro too, I can't play it, but I can play some fast sweeps in other songs... (Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire)
Last edited by randycrusy at Dec 14, 2011,
don´t worry with the time and the experience you will understand it´s an easy solo...at any level of playin there are new challenges its all relative, as you envolve in ur playin there are more but don´t forget the most important part its the passion and the expression that´s the really difficult part of playin! the technical part is just a tool to express an idea... My advice is you have to isolate the problem (the compass) and repeat, repeat, repeat always use metrognome...and patience (sorry 4 my english it´s not perfect!)
i don't remember the solo completely, but i'm pretty sure it has several unison bends in it (as do almost all kirk hammet's solo's). I'm assuming that "15 12 thing" is a unison bend. Unison bends aren't all that difficult, just practise and you'll get the hang of it.
Thank Rich!

Vayne, no, not the unison, it's after the pentatonic scale, before the little arpeggios
All it really is is a matter of practice. Just because you can play harder solos doesn't mean that the supposed easy ones will come with minimal practice. You have to work at them and get your fingers used to it. Just take it slow and bend with your ring finger and your middle finger behind it so you have more control.

And FYI, the Fade To Black intro

e|----14-19-14-------15-14-------
B|-15----------15----------15----
G|----------------16----------14-
D|-------------------------------
A|-------------------------------
E|-------------------------------

It's not sweeps. Kirk just alt. picks it. Kirk sweeping is like a leper giving you a facial: it doesn't really work.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by randycrusy
It's 3 a.m, I'm trying to play Enter Sandman solo and I can't play the bend on the D on the 2nd string (the 15 12 thing, lol)... And I can actually play harder solos, like Wither, Crazy Train, and other stuff...
It's a hard solo? Cause I always heard it was a newbie solo

Edit: Oh, and the fade to black sweep in the intro too, I can't play it, but I can play some fast sweeps in other songs... (Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire)

Of course it's not a "newbie" solo - and being able to play one thing doesn't automatically mean you can play something else. Guitar isn't a video game, "beating a level" doesn't mean you can one-shot everything below it. Even the best guitarists in the world still need to spend time learning new things, they can't automatically "do" everything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Oh thanks people, I was thinking that I was a really bad player (worse than I thought)