Page 1 of 2
That's a really really bad website design.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Oh god my eyes.

EDIT: This guy does make very good points though, despite the fact that he seems to be a douchebag.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 14, 2011,
Sounds horrid, the site is made retardedly. And the whole thing is just insulting any possible buyers to try and get a sale.
Oh, it's this guy again. This is done by the same guy built a guitar out of scrap from a dumpster at Home Depot, sold it for something like $3k, then slammed other guitar companies for using mahogany, maple, etc. when building guitars. He makes valid points here, at least, but he's still a colossal prick.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
The guy who runs that site is a well known opinionated dick. He has excessively long rants about how all other brands are overpriced or crap, and he thinks people need to earn the right to own his guitars, or have to qualify to buy more after they already have one.

One of his customers bought another guitar of some other kind (not one of his), after buying a Zachary, and Zachary then refused to sell him any more guitars and ceased all communication with him.
thats sick, only cuz thats my name XD
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Quote by littlephil
One of his customers bought another guitar of some other kind (not one of his), after buying a Zachary, and Zachary then refused to sell him any more guitars and ceased all communication with him.

Wow, I've never heard of that degree of douchiness, what a horrible marketing strategy, basically accusing people of being unable to change a light-bulb, how does the guy make money? Also, how is the quality of the guitars anyway?

And can someone please punch him in the ovaries for me.
Quote by menotbug

Wow, I've never heard of that degree of douchiness, what a horrible marketing strategy, basically accusing people of being unable to change a light-bulb, how does the guy make money? Also, how is the quality of the guitars anyway?

And can someone please punch him in the ovaries for me.

Because he's right. There are idiots out there. And they buy into his "everything else is shit" argument. No idea about the quality, though. Don't really care. He could actually make the best guitars in the world, but his attitude makes me want to burn every one of them.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
Because he's right. There are idiots out there. And they buy into his "everything else is shit" argument. No idea about the quality, though. Don't really care. He could actually make the best guitars in the world, but his attitude makes me want to burn every one of them.

It's just the guitars you want to burn? :P

I never thought people bought into the whole; "you're a retard so buy my product" thing, Maybe though.

And I would probably never buy one of his guitars either due to his attitude, but still curious if he can at all back up what he's saying with the quality of his crap. Would at least SLIGHTLY excuse his attitude, but even then.
Quote by menotbug
It's just the guitars you want to burn? :P

I never thought people bought into the whole; "you're a retard so buy my product" thing, Maybe though.

And I would probably never buy one of his guitars either due to his attitude, but still curious if he can at all back up what he's saying with the quality of his crap. Would at least SLIGHTLY excuse his attitude, but even then.

Yeah. I'd let him just keep living his life. Because eventually he'll alienate everyone around him, and that feeling of crushing loneliness can be worse than death sometimes.

Aaaaanyway, now that I'm done being ridiculously depressing, it's really pretty funny to read some of the crap he comes up with.

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/071199pics.htm

He thinks he's a fucking god to guitar players.

EDIT: He ACTUALLY compares it to Jesus Christ. Didn't get that far the first time I read it.

Quote by wolvenrick
Last edited by kaosxrocker at Dec 14, 2011,
Quote by kaosxrocker
Yeah. I'd let him just keep living his life. Because eventually he'll alienate everyone around him, and that feeling of crushing loneliness can be worse than death sometimes.

Aaaaanyway, now that I'm done being ridiculously depressing, it's really pretty funny to read some of the crap he comes up with.

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/071199pics.htm

He thinks he's a fucking god to guitar players.

EDIT: He ACTUALLY compares it to Jesus Christ. Didn't get that far the first time I read it.

I haven't seen him on other forums, but I wonder how much of it is genuine and how much of it is an over-the-top persona for the sake of marketing. He acts like such a dick that his rants are entertaining, and that's gotta produce some noteriety and brand recognition for him. Probably not the best strategy to get consistent customers, but we can all recognize him after only running into him once.
The scratches and dents you see my have been there originally, as well as the three antique nails that should be in her. Some may even say its a metaphor for Christ. Persecuted, yet still pure, simple and with grace.

Did he, ummm, just compare his guitars to Jesus Christ?

Funny thing in the replies he made he sounded a lot closer to a human being. I'm actually kind of curious about the wood now, but why wouldn't I just build one myself instead of going through hell in order just to purchase one? Dude needs to chill out IMO. Now I want to see what kind of tone is possible from the wood though.
What a complete wanker
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
When was this website designed, in the 1980s?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
So I decided last night to pop an email to the douchebag to see how much his "amazing" strings cost, since in his almighty wisdom he forgot to even mention how much his strings actual were. He lists shipping prices, not actual prices.

This is what I got back...

Look on my website if you can use the internet. If you have trouble ask your mom to help you.

This just goes to show what kind of business man this idiot is, since his awesome website says this.

How to order ZOG

Simply e-mail and tell me what you want and how many of each set.
(Minimum order 5 sets for Guitar strings. No minimum on Bass)

Payment Options:

PayPal or Money Order
When you e-mail to give your order I will promptly reply with an invoice and all payment information. I will give you the total, e-mail address for PayPal or mailing address for your Money Order.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Dec 14, 2011,
that guy i love that guy.

Quote by Sputnik1
So I decided last night to pop an email to the douchebag to see how much his "amazing" strings cost, since in his almighty wisdom he forgot to even mention how much his strings actual were. He lists shipping prices, not actual prices.

This is what I got back...

This just goes to show what kind of business man this idiot is, since his awesome website says this.

you say i want five packs...

he sends you an invoice for 5 packs with the price.

easy!
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
that guy i love that guy.

you say i want five packs...

he sends you an invoice for 5 packs with the price.

easy!

I did that AM!
How much for 5 sets of guitar strings?

How much more clearer do I have to be? Clearly he is a prick who thinks he's above everyone else and needs to be selective about who he gives his imaginary products.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Dec 14, 2011,
http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Skank.htm

Also, I just mailed him, asking for the price of strings, hoping that he will be nicer to me.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Dec 14, 2011,
Quote by AcousticMirror
you guys are failing to understand the directions.

O RLY?

Simply e-mail and tell me what you want and how many of each set.
(Minimum order 5 sets for Guitar strings. No minimum on Bass)

Just shut up AM.
Wow, he's like the Ed roman of strings, albeit without a decent website design budget.

I think it's pretty entertaining and the idea of nicely proportioned string guages is fine, but I'd presume this guy buys a ton of cheap Chinese strings in bulk and then sorts them into sets. Either he's a colossal troll, an egomaniac, or he's just having a laugh/creating a marketing persona. It's good fun though.

At the end of the day, even if this guy was some actually kind of idiot savant who created guitar strings far superior to anything else in the world....so what?
60 years worth of great music has been played on 'flawed' strings, so f*ck it!
Quote by AcousticMirror
what part of that does how much are your strings fit in?

If I ask how much for 5 sets of guitar strings, then I am clearly interested. What do I have to do, send him $1000 and then he might tell me how much?
Got a reply!

You got to be kidding me. Its all there in front of you. I encourage you to try it again. Maybe ask others to help you find it. Its cheating a bit but I don’t mind.
If you still don’t find the info then don’t bother emailing back. Its deliberately set up as a filter.
Those who don’t find the prices for every set I sell are filtered out as idiots and I don’t deal with idiots.
I hope my system does not offend you. Its a new and innovative business model I pioneered and is very useful. You will see most other businesses adopt it in the next few years.

Alex

Edit:
Quote by Sputnik1
I say we mass mail him to **** with him.

Yeah, sorry. Meant to link this: http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Skank.htm
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Dec 14, 2011,
no man the directions are really easy.

you tell him how much you want and he sends you an invoice.

that's exactly what the directions say.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I couldn't work out if he was Ed Roman or James Sample (tremolo). Either way, haven't the other string companies been doing this for years?
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Oh no, Not another new tremolo guy!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Tremolo guy was hilarious.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by AcousticMirror
no man the directions are really easy.

you tell him how much you want and he sends you an invoice.

that's exactly what the directions say.

NM, AM here is the page that finally lists the prices.

http://www.zacharyguitars.com/Strings_Products.htm

Clearly he's the idiot when his webpage is not navigable.
Putting a set of 10-46 on a Les Paul is totally idiotic. I certainly hope Slash is not doing that. Do you think he is smart enough to know about the ZOG Optimization rule, or does he have a muddy low end and is clueless about it? Someone please ask him and get back to me on that. I have to set him straight. Being rich does not make your smarter.

...Doesn't Slash use .11s?
Ben
I think his testimonials are fake.
Did someone say he makes pedulZ?
Page 1 of 2