View poll results: Which is the best?
1st
1 20%
2nd
1 20%
3rd
3 60%
Voters: 5.
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask your opinions on my bands recent artwork.

I'm trying to keep it relatively simple so I've only been messing around with the fonts and such but which one do you think looks best? Also please mention what you think will make it better

Sorry about the sizes if they're too big, I'll include a poll so I can tally which people prefer
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
I vote for the first one, yet it still needs to be thicker (the font). Looks like it's weak or smth. Btw, great CG, did you do it yourself?
Thanks I made the initial idea and then designed it up until a point but a friend of mine finished it off

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
I think there is something odd looking about the feet.

I don't know where you got the picture but I don't understand why he is wearing a helmet but no clothes. ~On the point of no clothes...is he tucking.

I really don't mean to sound negative, but there are things here that just seem a bit...odd...to me.

I'm sorry if you did not want to hear this. I'm just being honest and trying to offer genuine feedback.

As for the placement of the words...the placements you have suggested tend to hide the boats, which add to the composition of the underlying picture. Placing the text directly over them seems to me to be contradicting a lot of what the picture is saying. It kind of works against the natural flow of the picture.

Maybe you could try placing them across the top but have the spear pass in front of them. Shouldn't be hard to do one method might be to use a masking tool and an eraser tool
Alternatively you could place the words much closer to the bottom.
Or shorten the words and place them horizontally in the empty space in the top left. or just above the boats so that the words end before the legs, maybe about knee height so that the key elements of the picture are not hindered and the words are still "below" the collossul figure.

I also prefer the bottom font. It is bolder and has more distressing. I believe this makes it stronger and more "violent"(if that is the right word). I think it ties in better with the war gear that the collossus is wearing.

The middle font looks like something Susan Boyle might use.

The top font is strong and clean which is much simpler and could also work.

^Others might feel different of course, this is just how I see it.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Dec 14, 2011,
Quote by 20Tigers
I think there is something odd looking about the feet.

I don't know where you got the picture but I don't understand why he is wearing a helmet but no clothes. ~On the point of no clothes...is he tucking.

I really don't mean to sound negative, but there are things here that just seem a bit...odd...to me.

I'm sorry if you did not want to hear this. I'm just being honest and trying to offer genuine feedback.

As for the placement of the words...the placements you have suggested tend to hide the boats, which add to the composition of the underlying picture. Placing the text directly over them seems to me to be contradicting a lot of what the picture is saying. It kind of works against the natural flow of the picture.

Maybe you could try placing them across the top but have the spear pass in front of them. Shouldn't be hard to do one method might be to use a masking tool and an eraser tool
Alternatively you could place the words much closer to the bottom.
Or shorten the words and place them horizontally in the empty space in the top left. or just above the boats so that the words end before the legs, maybe about knee height so that the key elements of the picture are not hindered and the words are still "below" the collossul figure.

I was going for a more greek statue sort of image, generally they tend to have smooth crotches. I agree with you about the boats though

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90

Check out my band!
^Ahh I see.

I made an edit with some comments regarding what I thought of the font.

It is a pretty good bit of work though well done.
Si
Thanks for the critique I agree with you on the bottom font looking more violent, it's more shredded and not as 'clean' as the others.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90

Check out my band!