Hi again. I again need pickups. This time for Cort HBS 2.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/373817_2504363017656_1510427357_4064410_512090515_n.jpg

Specifications:
2 piece ash body.
bird's eye maple neck and fretboard.
Unknown 2 point tremolo.

This time I need some pickups for metal. Linkin Park,Pantera,BFMV..
I will probably go with Air Norton on neck and Tone Zone on bridge.

Now.. I have some opinions for middle.
Some high output middle pickup.
DiMarzio Chopper,Dimarzio Fast Track 1 or 2.

Or something with low output just to "paint" sound in the 2. and 4. position:
DiMarzio HS2,True Velvet or Area's.
maybe an XN2 pair and a Chopper for the single coil, although tbh if you want something BFMV style you realistically want an EMG 81/85 pair
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by nemamime

Or something with low output just to "paint" sound in the 2. and 4. position:
DiMarzio HS2,True Velvet or Area's.

that's what i'd do

maybe not "absolute lowest ouotput you can get", but pretty low
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
May i ask why you want to get the Air Norton/Tone Zone combo? I cant speak for the Tone Zone as i never tried one, but i have an Air Norton in an RG and in my opinion its complete crap. I really dont see why so many players use it, what do you like about it?
D Sonic/Liquifire.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by tappooh
May i ask why you want to get the Air Norton/Tone Zone combo? I cant speak for the Tone Zone as i never tried one, but i have an Air Norton in an RG and in my opinion its complete crap. I really dont see why so many players use it, what do you like about it?

This pickups are sick.. great combo,both have great clean sound,they also can go metal without problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFNjnnDZCE
http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/guitars/electric/6-string-solid-body/artist-series-billy-corgan-stratocaster-167209/review

Quote by oneblackened
D Sonic/Liquifire.

D-Sonic is too bright in ash,unless I put Alnico 8's,then will be very warm sound.
Last edited by nemamime at Dec 17, 2011,