I am planning too start to learn some jazz and im wondering what a good cheap bass would be.
You don't need a jazz bass to play jazz. If you want a not-so-pricey J-bass I'd say a MIM Fender.
Smoke 'em 'til ya die.
^ Sweet song! Haha I don't mean to jump in here but I just had to say that.

On topic, plenty of basses can pull off jazz. You don't need to go too crazy just to get a clean/full bass sound.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Get anything that you feel can play decently.
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
cheap, jazzy. SX J style bass with flats. Smooth buttery low end 'nuff said.
if you're expecting us to help you or guide you so that you have an idea on what bass to buy, it would be good for you to tell us:
-How much are you willing to spend
-Do you have a bass amp? if not, how much are you willing to spend in one? if you do have one, please tell us what amp you have.
-Are you planning to learn jazz with all the instruments involved? because when you say:"I am planning too start to learn some jazz ", that's rather vague.
-Do you have any experience with other instruments? (guitar, drums, vocals, sax, etc.)

The more info you give, the better advice you'll get...

At least that's what i think.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka
if you're expecting us to help you or guide you so that you have an idea on what bass to buy, it would be good for you to tell us:
-How much are you willing to spend
-Do you have a bass amp? if not, how much are you willing to spend in one? if you do have one, please tell us what amp you have.
-Are you planning to learn jazz with all the instruments involved? because when you say:"I am planning too start to learn some jazz ", that's rather vague.
-Do you have any experience with other instruments? (guitar, drums, vocals, sax, etc.)

The more info you give, the better advice you'll get...

At least that's what i think.

350$
yes i have an amp
jazz on my own not in a band just for recreational purposes.
i also play guitar (electric and acoustic) piano and trumpet
For just $350 I'd keep saving dude.

Delayed gratification makes for great bass rigs.
Smoke 'em 'til ya die.
Squier VM jazz bass/jaguar special are diecent and in that range.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Id get a 5 string of some sort tuned eadgc TBH. I always miss not hacing the high C when soloing in jazz. It also saves flying up and down the bored as you try and get something interesting going.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul