Hey guys been playing seriously for the last 6/8 months and have been playing with my shocking electra? starter amp for far too long (I have had a guitar for 3-4 year but it was a shoddy half size job) Any way here's the info:

Budget: Probs around £100 - £130

Genres: Funk, Rock, Chili's, John F, Josh K all that gooood stuff Also I like the idea of having this clean and getting pedals eg. not Line 6

Used probs: more value for money/tightarse

Home/Recording/With drums: Will be looking to record but can probs get an interface for that but mainly for practising and jamming

Closest City-Nottingham/Lincoln

Current gear- Vintage Les Paul Stylee, Squire strat Style, And the crappy eleca amp

Cheers for this guys
im currently using a laney cub 12r...while that may be out of the budget id loof at the 5W or 10W versions...although those might not be able to keep up with drums
im not sure how likely you are to find used seeing how they were released this year...but i suspect that the 15W which has a good 1W mode for home would cost about 150 used...but i'm not sure
vox vt or fender mustang.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
If you can mic it for jamming get a fender champ or a Vox AC4. Probably won't be able to mic it but if you can get a small tube amp.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Are there any Marshall's maybe that would be good? Or I saw an Epiphone Valve amp anybody used one?
Right seems I might have up to around £300 and I'm looking at a decent stack as I am going to be playing in front of 200+ people soon any advice would be nice, was thinking about the blackstar stack?
Last edited by nouralewiwi at Dec 18, 2011,
Quote by nouralewiwi
Right seems I might have up to around £300 and I'm looking at a decent stack as I am going to be playing in front of 200+ people soon any advice would be nice, was thinking about the blackstar stack?

In the 70's you maybe actually needed a big halfstack to get heard but it's different now. Any venue that fits 200+ people should have a PA system so even a small combo will do.
Ah alright but for practise we have no PA so it would need to be loud and the thing I like about Stacks is that I can gradually change it/Modify