Hello, this is my first post on Ultimate Guitar forum, so sorry for any mistakes i make

So i have a ENGL Blackmore 100W hi-gain amplefier which i am using for some time now, but i was using it only at low volume in a small room for practice. But now i have the amp in a bigger place where we have a practice with band and i crank the volume up more. So the problem is that i have a lot of feedback and fuzzing with more volume. I got my self an BOSS NS-2 noise supressor and connected the whole thing with "X pattern". It helps to erase the feedback and fuzz but the sound is then weaker and messed up. I have discovered that the problem is in the FX-loop. When the balance knob for FX-loop is set to 100% the sound gets weird and it erases feedback and fuzz, but if its not on 100% its like there is no noise supressor and feedback is back but the sound is just right. So do any of you have any suggestions for what to do? Should i connect the amp-NS output-NS input-guitar? From what i have readed this connection is still feeding back but im not shure. Im not an expert for amplifiers and i dont have any other experience with other hi-gain amps so any suggestions will help a lot.
get your tubes checked.

an amp is gonna feedback when it gets louder. that's just how it goes.

but it shouldn't be uncontrollable.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I think the tubes are fine because the sound is perfectly awesome if i connect only guitar to the amp without supressor and FX-loop. Also i didnt play much with those tubes that im using now.
Yes i know that every amp is gonna feedback when you turn the volume on, i just need the solution to control it, which i dont know. Im just afraid that when a bigger gig comes and i will need more volume on the amp, that i will feedback all the time.
sounds like a dirty/bad FX loop jack.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I hava the gain on channel 4 at around 1/3 of the volume.
Im not shure that the its would be bad FX loop jack, because even if there is no supressor in the fx loop and connected only guitar to the amp, if you set the loop balance knob to 100% the sound goes bad.. I will try to put the supressor only in front of the amp and not in loop or X pattern, the problam is that i can only try this once a week because i dont have the amp at home. If that thing will help to give away the feedback and still fuzz, in worst case ill buy my self an footswich to set from ch 4 to clean in betveen the songs when we dont play.
Hmm, im sure you have tried tweaking the aettings on the ns2? sounds like its gating too hard. when connected in he x pattern and with the fx at 100% turn the ns2 off. does it sound right then?
what guitar is it? Does it still happen with a different guitar? (first thing you should try)

Is it a harsh squealing noise that starts very suddenly or a smoother feedback that sounds like a loud sustained note.

I reckon you've either got shitty microphonic pickups in your guitar, or one of the tubes has gone microphonic. If that's the case, a noise suppressor is virtually useless.
Yes i did tweaked the settings on the NS2, for what i have readed that if your running the X pattern with the supressor you got the mode know on mute, thats the only way it works, so i can just mute the guitar or have it unmuted, then the supressor is working but like i said the sound is shit then. But if i turn it into a reduction mode it just starts squeling. This is only for X pattern connection from what i have readed. The sound of the amp i good when i connect only from amp directly into guitar, but masive feedback and fuzzing is then here.

I have an LTD EX-401DX guitar with active EMG 60/81 pickups. We swapped guitars with the other guitarists and its still the same so the guitar is probably fine.
And its mroe like harsh squealing as quick when i use the lead channel or i open the guitar volume. Are there any ways to test if its a tube problem, because i dont want to give the head in service just that they will say everything is ok and ill pay for them to test it?
Does that amp have a tube for the fx loop? If it does, it may be bad.

How old is the head, and did you buy new?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Nope there is no tube for the FX loop.

I dont realy know whats its age, but i got it about 2 years ago (not new one) and just when i got it i got new tubes in, and it was preaty much just sitting in my room, rarely that i have played on it and if i did it was on verry low volume. I didnt have a band that time so i use it only for around 4 months now and only one a week. I also had the head on service around 6 months ago because my input jack fell out, and they also did tests if everything is ok and it was.
you need to take it to a tech and have them look at it. it sounds like the FX loop pot or jack is not right.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What you need to do is tap each of the tubes while the amps' turned on and on the edge of going into the feedback you described.

If you tap one of the tubes and the feedback becomes louder or changes in any way, that's almost certainly your culprit.
Quote by kyle62
What you need to do is tap each of the tubes while the amps' turned on and on the edge of going into the feedback you described.

If you tap one of the tubes and the feedback becomes louder or changes in any way, that's almost certainly your culprit.

Use a pencil eraser to tap your tubes
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by zupanman
And can you somehow damage the head or tubes by doing this?

No not unless you beat the crap out of your amp. All you have to do is gently tap the tubes one by one with a regular #2 pencil eraser while it is turned on. You'll deff beable to hear a bad tube if you have one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ok so secont thing ill do next week is checking the tubes. Will also try putting NS2 only in amp and direct in the guitar if it will help any.
I think the FX loop is not buffered as far as i know.
What do you mean with something internal? And can a mincrophonic preamp tube make only feedback? I watched some videos with microphonic tube problem and the sound is not matching, there is no popping or anything like that in my case.