Ive been playing alot of djenty stuff lately (bare with me...) and its pretty hard to get the patterns and the chord changes so quickly. currently im learning periphery's all new matterials. i cant get all the fiddely bits! does anyone have tips to help me on this style of guitar playing as i just cant get it at all
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
Ive been playing alot of djenty stuff lately (bare with me...) and its pretty hard to get the patterns and the chord changes so quickly. currently im learning periphery's all new matterials. i cant get all the fiddely bits! does anyone have tips to help me on this style of guitar playing as i just cant get it at all

Just try to think like you would if you were mildly retarted, then play the guitar again.

I just dont like the word Djent

Seriously practice the chords and changes slowly, eventually you will build up the seed.

Maybe finger excersizes would help? You have to work your fingers strength up enough to be able to do it physically.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
haha, same, its described as a genre, even though its a technique, and its pretty weird. i guess its more progressive. ive been practising it slowly with tuxguitar and its helped. thanks!
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
haha, same, its described as a genre, even though its a technique, and its pretty weird. i guess its more progressive. ive been practising it slowly with tuxguitar and its helped. thanks!

And death was originally a band name. The etymology of a term doesn't make it less valid in its current use.

However, on to the point at hand:

What are you actually having trouble with? Saying you just can't get it at all is nowhere near enough information for anyone to provide any decent help.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well this is the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjEiOu9Bkuk its just so much picking and changing at once before i get settled into one chord.
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
well this is the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjEiOu9Bkuk its just so much picking and changing at once before i get settled into one chord.

I'm familiar with the song, I was meaning more exactly what are you having trouble with. If it's just getting the chord changes down then the old start slow and build up as you get comfortable really is the best way of going about it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah, its quite fast too, and all the notes to play
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by maddnotez
Just try to think like you would if you were mildly retarted

Irony much there, Einstein?

Anywho...this song is excellent, gonna start learning it now, actually.

As I go along I'll let you know if I pick up any tricks (in addition to the usual metronome approach) on how to make it easier to learn.
Well, I tested it out - I only had a half an hour or so so I've only played through the main progression/riff. I can get it pretty cleanly, and that's after using the "slow it down first" method, no other tricks.

I play a lot of extended chords and irregular voicings, so maybe I'm a bit more used to some of the stretches and positions, but I'm not some amazing guitar god. I'm sure if I can do it then just about anyone else on here can, so that's still the only advice I can give you - practice it slow, learn the fingerings solidly and build it up gradually.
Honestly you're not giving us much to work with here TS. It's fast and it's difficult. The left and right hand parts are tricky...

You just need to get better in every area. It doesn't sound like anything specific.
thanks for the advice :-D ill have a shot at it now
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700